Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to World Gk(World Geography) !!!
- Which of the following contains only traces of gases like oxygen, nitrogen,etc.
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Exosphere
Thermosphere contains only the lighter gases like helium and hydrogen etc
- Climatic data is based on calculated averages of data recorded over a period of how many years ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.35
Climatic data is based on calculated averages of data recorded over a period of 35 years
- The lower part of the crust is called as …………..
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Sima
The lower part of the crust is called as sima because the proportion of silica and magnesium is higher in this part.
- Which of the following is true about Igneous rocks ?
1.No Layers and Fossils are found
2.Fossils are not found and 1 layer
3.2 Layers and Fossils are not found
4.Fossils are not found and No layer
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Fossils are not found and No layer
Igneous rock is formed through the cooling and solidification of magma or lava. .Fossils are not found in Igneous rock and it has no layer
- …………………… is the branch of Geology, It deals with the study of earthquakes
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Seismology
Seismology is the scientific study of earthquakes and the propagation of elastic waves through the Earth or through other planet-like bodies
- Volconic mountain Mt. Kilimanjaro is located in which country ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Africa
Mount Kilimanjarowith its three volcanic cones, “Kibo”, “Mawenzi”, and “Shira”, is a dormant volcano in Tanzania. It is the highest mountain inAfrica, and rises approximately 4,877 metres
- The longest rift valley is the valley of the which river ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Jordan
The Jordan Rift Valley is an elongated depression located in modern-day Israel, Jordan, and Palestine. This geographic region includes the entire length of the Jordan River – from its sources.
- Which of the following is located in Italy ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Mount Etna
Mount Etna is an active stratovolcano on the east coast of Sicily, Italy, in the Province of Catania, between Messina and Catania. It lies above the convergent plate margin between the African Plate and the Eurasian Plate.
- The Plateaus formed between …………..
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Mountains
Plateaus can also be formed by the erosional processes of glaciers onmountain ranges, leaving them sitting between the mountain
- The Volcanic mountain Fujiyama is located in …………………..
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Japan
Mount Fuji located on Honshu Island, is the highest mountain peak in Japan