Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to World Gk(World Geography) !!!
- Australia with which country is called Australasia ?
5.All of theseAnswer – 5.All of these
Australasia, a region of Oceania, comprises Australia, New Zealand, the island of New Guinea, and neighbouring islands in the Pacific Ocean
- Which of the following ocean has the longest coastline ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Atlantic Ocean
Atlantic Ocean has the longest coastline due to its highly indented coastline
- ……………. is the world deepest trench
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Mariana
The Mariana Trench or Marianas Trench is the deepest part of the world’s oceans. It is located in the western Pacific Ocean, to the east of the Mariana Islands
- The uppermost layer of the Earth’s crust which is capable of supporting life is called …………………
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Lithosphere
The uppermost layer of the Earth’s crust which is capable of supporting life is called Lithosphere. The Lithosphere (or land) covers two-sevenths of the total surface area of earth
- ……………. is the part of the earth where life exists
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Biosphere
The biosphere is made up of the parts of Earth where life exists.
- Longitudes are measured from 0 to ……………………
1.180o South and 180o North
2.90o east and 90o west
3.180o east and 180o west
4.90o east and 180o west
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.180o east and 180o west
Longitudes as the angle east or west from the Prime Meridian, ranging from 0° at the Prime Meridian to +180° eastward and −180° westward.
- Atmosphere has …………….. distinct layers
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.5
The atmosphere has five different layers.
Troposphere, Stratosphere, Mesosphere, Thermosphere exosphere
- Which of the following is the second layer of atmosphere ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Stratosphere
The stratosphere is the second major layer of Earth’s atmosphere, just above the troposphere, and below the mesosphere
- The proportion of Hydrogen to Helium in the Sun is ………….
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.3:1
The Sun creates energy from hydrogen and helium which are in the proportion of 3:1
- The upper end of Stratosphere is called as …………….
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Stratopause
The upper boundary of the stratosphere is known as the stratopause