Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for Banking exams and other competitive exams. We have included Some questions related to Science & Technology !!!
- The advanced weather satellite Himawari-9 was launched by which country ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Japan
The first one, Himawari-8, was launched in October 2014. Himawari-9 is Japan’s ninth geostationary weather observatory since the first satellite in the Himawari, or sunflower, series launched in 1977.
- Tianlian I-04 is the satellite belongs to which country ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.China
The satellite, Tianlian I-04, was launched on a Long March-3C carrier rocket from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre
- An advanced weather satellites GOES-R was launched by which space agency ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.NASA
NASA has successfully launched the A “next generation” US advanced weather satellites GOES-R from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, US on November 20, 2016.
- Which mission holds the Guinness World Record for the highest altitude fix of a GPS signal ?
1.Lunar Atmosphere Dust Environment Explorer
2.Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment
3.Magnetospheric Multiscale Mission
4.Extreme Environment Mission Operations
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Magnetospheric Multiscale Mission (MMS)
NASA’s Magnetospheric Multiscale Mission (MMS) now holds the Guinness World Record for the highest altitude fix of a GPS signal. The MMS satellites, which are operating in a highly elliptical orbit around the Earth, have set the record at 43,500 miles above the surface.
- China launched global carbon dioxide monitoring satellite __________to understand climate change
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.TanSat
China launched a global carbon dioxide monitoring satellite TanSat to understand climate change, hours after it lifted nearly a week-long red alert for the worst smog that engulfed about 40 cities in the country.
- First fully-owned satellite ground station abroad opened in which country ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.China
China opens 1st fully-owned satellite ground station abroad. China has launched its first fully- owned overseas satellite ground station near the North Pole which could enable Beijing to collect satellite data anywhere on the Earth at a speed it said was the fastest in the world.
- India’s first LNG fuelled bus is introduced in which part of India ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Kerala
For the 1st time in the Country, an LNG fuelled bus has been launched by the Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan in the presence of Chief Minister of Kerala, Shri Pinarayi Vijayan at Thiruvananthapuram.
- Which space agency launches ‘Space Garbage Truck’ Into Orbit to Clean Up Space Debris ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.JAXA
Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) recently launched into orbit a space junk collector to clean up space debris. Kounotori, which means stork in Japanese, blasted off from the southern Japanese island of Tanegashima on Dec. 9
- Which Supercluster was found by astronomers in December 2016 ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Vela
Astronomers have found one of the Universe’s biggest superclusters of galaxies near the Milky Way. The Vela supercluster, which had previously gone undetected as it was hidden by stars and dust in the Milky Way, is a huge mass that influenced the motion of our Galaxy.
- World’s largest amphibious aircraft AG600 by which country ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.China
The AVIC AG600, also known as TA-600, is a large amphibious flying boat that is being designed and built in China by the Aviation Industry Corporation of China