Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for Banking exams and other competitive exams. We have included Some questions related to Science & Technology !!!
- ……………is an independent regional navigation satellite system being developed by India
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.IRNSS
Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System – IRNSS
It is designed to provide accurate position information service to users in India.
- The first Indian Communication Satellite……………was launched on 19th June 1981.
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.APPLE
APPLE (Ariane Passenger Payload Experiment) launched from South America
- ……………..is India’s first dedicated multi wavelength space Observatory.
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.ASTROSAT
ASTROSAT was launched on a PSLV-XL on 28 September 2015
- The Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM), informally called is India’s first Mars orbiter.
4.GSLV – D6
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Mangalyam
Mangalyaan – launched on 5 November 2013
- ……………was India’s first satellite launched from Kapustin Yar using a Kosmos-3M launch vehicle.
5.None of theseAnswer – 3. Aryabhata
Aryabhata – named after an Indian astronomer of the same name
- First experimental remote sensing satellite ……………. which Carried TV and microwave cameras.
2.Rohini – I
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Bhaskara-I
It collected data on telemetry, oceanography and hydrology.
- India’s first mission to Moon was launched successfully on October 22, 2008 from SDSC SHAR, Sriharikota
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Chandrayaan-1
Chandrayaan-1 – spacecraft was orbiting around the Moon at a height of 100 km from the lunar surface
- GAGAN stands for
1.GPRS Aided Geogrpahy Augmented Navigation
2.General Aided GEO Augmented Narrow
3.GPS Aided GEO Augmented Navigation
4.GEO Aided GPS Augmented Navigation
5.None of theseAnswer – 3. GPS Aided GEO Augmented Navigation
It is an implementation of a regional satellite-based augmentation system(SBAS) by the Indian government. It is a system to improve the accuracy of a GNSS receiver
- ………………represents ISRO’s first attempt to design and develop an operational vehicle that can be used to orbit application satellites.
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.PSLV
PSLV – Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle
- ISRO was formed in …………..
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.1969
ISRO fomed in 1969,it superseded the erstwhile Indian National Committee for Space Research (INCOSPAR), which was established in 1962.