Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to Indian GK(Indian Polity) !!!
- Who is the head to transact the business of Lok Sabha ?
3.Speaker of Lok Sabha
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Speaker of Lok Sabha
Speaker of Lok Sabha is the head to transact the business of Lok Sabha
- The Seventh Schedule of the Constitution of India contains provisions regarding
4.All of these
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.All of these
Seventh Schedule of the Constitution of India contains provisions regarding Union,State and Concurrent Lists
- The term ‘Law’ used in the phrase ‘ Rule Law’ refers to ……………………
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Common Law
The term common law is confusing as it has different meanings depending on the context. So it could be used to refer to law crafted by judges when they decide
- The Concept of Concurrent list in Indian Constitution is borrowed from the constitution of ……………………………….
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Australia
From AUSTRALIA => Concurrent list Language of the preamble Provision regarding trade, commerce and intercourse
- In which year the Metropolitan Council of Delhi was replaced by a 70 member legislative assembly ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.1992
Delhi became National Capital Territory of Delhi on February 1992 under the 69th Amendment Act.Council (with 56 seats) was replaced by a 70 member Legislative Assembly.
- Who has right to declare any area as a Scheduled Area ?
1.Supreme Court Judge
3.Vice – president
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.President
The right to declare any area as a Scheduled Area rests with the President and is subject to legislation by the Parliament.
- Whose consent is required for a money bill to originate in the state legislature ?
3.High Court Judge
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Governor
A money bill can be introduced only on prior recommendations of the President)governor in case of state)
- What is the minimum age qualification for a member of Rajya Sabha ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.30
The minimum age qualification for a member of Rajya Sabha is 30
- The minimum age qualification for a member of Rajya Sabha is 309…………………. Was the first state in India where emergency was imposed due to failure of Constitutional Machinery of the State ?
1.J & K
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Punjab
Punjab was the first state in India where emergency was imposed due to failure of Constitutional Machinery of the State
- Uttaranchal was renamed as Uttarakhand in ……………………………..
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.2007
In August 2006, India’s Union Cabinet assented to the demands of the Uttaranchal state assembly and leading members of the Uttarakhand statehood movement to rename Uttaranchal state as Uttarakhand. The bill was passed by Parliament and signed into law by then President A. P. J. Abdul Kalam in December 2006, and since January 1, 2007 the state is known as Uttarakhand.