Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to Indian GK(Indian Polity) !!!
- A non Statutory minority commission was established in ……………………..
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.1978
A non Statutory minority commission was established in 1978 under the chairmanship of M.R. Masani
- JVP Committee is related to
1.Formation of Union
3.Formation of new state
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Formation of new state
JVP Committee (Jawaharlal Nehru, Vallahbhai Patel, Pattabhi Sitaramayya) is related to formation of new state
- Constitution of Jammu & Kashmir came into force on
1.January 26, 1957
2.November 26, 1956
3.August 15, 1950
4.January 26, 1956
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.January 26, 1957
The Constitution of J&K was enacted by a separate Constituent Assembly set up by the State and it came into force on 26th January 1957.
- ………………. language was included in the 8th Schedule by Constitution , 21st amendment Bill ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Sindhi
The Eighth Schedule to the Constitution originally included 14 languages. Sindhi was included by the 21st Amendment, enacted in 1967.
- How many states are part of the North Eastern Council ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.8
The North Eastern Council is the nodal agency for the economic and social development of the North Eastern Region which consists of the eight States of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
- In which year the practice of presenting the railway budget separate from the general budget started ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.1924
The practice of a separate Railway Budget started in 1924 during the British rule in India. During those days, Railways was the largest industrial asset of the country and used to occupy a significant portion of the budgetary allocations (~75 to 85 %)
- The Principle of ‘equal pay for equal work’ placed in which Article ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Article 14
The principle of equal pay for equal work for men and women embodied in Article 39(d) – Article 14 of the Constitution was first considered in Kishori Mohanlal Bakshi vs Union of India in 1962.
- Which state became the first state to enact the Food Security Act ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Chattisgarh
The Chhattisgarh government has taken the initiative to pass the first Food Security Act in the country. It would provide 35kg of foodgrains to all Antyodaya households and priority households for Rs1 a kg a month, along with two kg of black gram at Rs5 a kg and two kg of pulses at Rs10 a kg, besides two kg of iodised salt.
- ………………. are essential for liberty
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Rights
The preservation of our civil rights and civil liberties is essential to the health of our democracy.
- Maintenance of Internal Security Act(MISA) was repealed in
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.1978
It was an economic adjunct to the controversial Maintenance of Internal Security Act(MISA) enacted in 1971.Though MISA repealed in 1978,