Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to India Gk(Indian History) !!!
- …………….. was the standard unit of exchange in early vedic period
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Cow
Cow was the standard unit of exchange in early vedic period. Gold coins like Nishka, Krishna and Satmana were also in Use.
- Which was used as a measure of time in Vedic Period ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Godhuli
Godhuli was used as a measure of time in Vedic Period and Gavyuti was used as a measure of disctance in Vedic Period
- In Vedic period the election of the king by the tribal assembly is called ……………………
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Samiti
The election of the king by the tribal assembly is called Samiti and Several assemblies existed as Sabha, Vidatha and Gana
- The term that stands for tribe in the Rig Veda is …………………….
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Vis
Vis is the that stands for tribe in the Rig Veda. Vis was divided into grama.Kula mean Family.Varna was the term used to classify the people.
- Who written the Ramayana ?
4.Manav Dharma Shastra
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Valmiki
Ramayana was written by Valmiki. It consisted of 6000 verses which was raised to 12000 and 24000 verses.
- Who was the founder of Magadha Empire ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Jarasandha
Jarasandha was the founder of Magadha Empire and Bimbisara built the capital city Rajgir
- …………………… is also described as “The first empire builder of Indian History”
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Mahapadmananda
Mahapadmananda is also described as “The first empire builder of Indian History”.He was the great conqueror and founder of the Nanda dynasty.
- …………………………. of the Gupta dynasty is known as the Napoleon of India.
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Samudragupta
Samudragupta of the Gupta dynasty is known as the Napoleon of India. Historian A V Smith called him so because of his great military conquests known from the ‘Prayag Prashati’ written by his courtier and poet Harisena, who also describes him as the hero of a hundred battles.
- Which of the musical instruments used by the Aryans ?
4.All the above
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.All the above
The musical instruments used by the Aryans was drum,lute and cymbal.
- India derives derived from the name of the …………….. and has been in use in Greek.
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Sindhu
The name India may refer to either the region of Greater India (the Indian subcontinent) or to the contemporary Republic of India located therein. The name is derived from the name of the Sindhu (Indus River) and has been in use in Greek since Herodotus (4th century BC).The term appeared in Old English as early the 9th century and reemerged in Modern Englishin the 17th century.