Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to India GK(Indian Geography)!!!
- Which is the first Indian product to get the geographical indication tag ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Darjeeling Tea
Darjeeling Tea was the first Indian product to get the geographical indication tag. In 2004, the famous beverage got the recognition.
- Muga silk is the product from which state ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Assam
Muga silk is the product of the silkworm Antheraea assamensis endemic to Assam. The larvae of these moths feed on som (Machilus bombycina) and sualu (Litsaea polyantha) leaves.
- Himsagar is an extremely popular mango cultivar, originating from _________________
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.West Bengal
Himsagar is an extremely popular mango cultivar, originating from West Bengal in India and Rajshahi in Bangladesh.
- Phulkari is a rural tradition art of crafting embroidered method used in which state ?
3.J & K
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Punjab
Phulkari is a rural tradition art of crafting embroidered odhni(head drape or shawl) used by women in Punjab, literally meaning” flower work “, linked integrally with events considered to bemilestones in a womans life.
- Pokkali is a unique saline tolerant rice variety that is cultivated in ________________
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Kerala
Pokkali is a unique saline tolerant rice variety that is cultivated in an organic way in the water-logged coastal regions, spread in about 5000 hectares area in Alappuzha, Thrissur and Ernakulam districts of Kerala in Southern India
- Kullu Shawl is the product of which state of India ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Himachal Pradesh
After Kullu Shawl, Kangra Tea and Chamba Rumal, Kinnauri Shawl has become the fourth traditional product of Himachal Pradesh to get registered under Geographical Indications of Goods Act, 1999.
- Feni is a spirit produced exclusively in ________________
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Goa
Feni is a spirit produced exclusively in Goa, India. There are two types of feni; cashew feni and toddy palm feni, depending on the original ingredient.
- The Puneri Pagadi is a turban, related with which state of India ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Maharashtra
The Puneri Pagadi is a turban, which is considered as a symbol of pride and honour in the city of Pune.
- Naga Mircha is related with ____________
2.J & K
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Nagaland
Nagaland is believed to be the original home of this chilli pepper and it is known as the Naga Mircha or Raja Mircha – meaning “King of Chillies”
- Which state is also known as the land of stunning stone sculptures ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Odisha
Odisha is the land of stunning stone sculptures. Stone craftsmen here have carved awesome sculptures since time immemorial. This is seen in the glorious Kalingan architecture of our temples, superb Buddhist heritage sites and also as individual sculptures which are revered around the world.