Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to India GK(Indian Geography)!!!
- Bangladesh is our ………………… neighbouring country
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Eastern
Bangladesh is low lying riverine country located between the foothills of the Himalayas and the Indian Ocean. Bangladesh is our eastern neighbouring country
- ……………… is our western neighbouring country
5.None of theseAnswer –2.Pakistan
Pakistan lies to the west of India. The Indian states of Jammu and Kashmir, Gujarat, Rajasthan and Punjab share their borders with the country.
- Which is also called as ‘Gateway of Karnataka’ ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Mangalore Port
The Mangalore port is the only major port of Karnataka was inaugurated on 11th January 1975.
- The Ukai is the largest multipurpose project in
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Gujarat
The Ukai Dam, constructed across the Tapti River, is the largest reservoir in Gujarat
- Which state contributes about 15% of the world’s entire tea production ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Assam
Assam is the largest of the north-eastern states in India. It accounts for nearly 15% of the world’s production of tea and around 50% of India’s production of tea.
- ……………………. is known to be abundant in natural beauty
1.J & K
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh is famous for its abundant natural beauty.After the war between Nepal and Britain, also known as the Anglo-Gorkha War (1814–1816).
- ………………. has Asia’s largest timber Industry
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Yamuna Nagar
Yamuna Nagar in Haryana has Asia’s largest timber Industry. It has also one of India’s largest railway carriage and wagon repair workshops.
- Blue Mountain is situated in which state ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Meghalaya
Blue mountain is the highest peak of Lushai Hills.The Garo Hills is located in Meghalaya state
- ……………. is the only state in India with an ethnic Nepal majority
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Sikkim
Sikkim, the only state in India with ethnic Indian Gorkha majority, became part of India in 1975
- Which is the eight largest metropolis in the world by population ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.New Delhi
The world’s largest cities is that of the metropolitan area, which is based on the concept of a labor market area and is typically defined as an employment core (an area with a high density of available jobs) and the surrounding
areas that have strong commuting ties to the core.
First Tokyo followed by Shanghai and Jakarta