Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to General Science(Physics) !!
- Which one of the following denotes inertial mass ?
5.None of theseAnswer –3.F/a
Inertial mass measures an object’s resistance to being accelerated by a force => F/a
- Ball pen function is based on the principle of ……………….
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Surface tension
Ball pen function is based on the principle of Surface tension. Surface tension is the elastic tendency of a fluid surface which makes it acquire the least surface area possible.
- …………….. is the most basic property of liquids
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Volume Conservation
Volume Conservation is the most basic property of liquids
- Newton postulated his corpuscular theory of light on the basic of
1.Rectilinear propagation of light
2.Colour of thin films
4.Disperson of white lights
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rectilinear propagation of light
Newton’s corpuscular theory of light on the basic of Rectilinear propagation of light
Light consists of very tiny particles known as “corpuscular”.
These corpuscles on emission from the source of light travel in straight line with high velocity and When these particles enter the eyes, they produce image of the object or sensation of vision.
- Which of the following color of light will travel with minimum speed through glass ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Violet
Red travels the fastest and Violet travels the slowest
- Total internal reflection can occur when light passes from …………………………..
1.Rarer to denser medium
2.Irrespective of medium of travel
3.Travel from one medium to other medium
4.Denser to rarer medium
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Denser to rarer medium
Total internal reflection is a phenomenon that occurs when light travels from a more optically dense medium (or a medium with higher refractive index ) to a less optically dense one (lower index ), such as glass to air or water to air.
- The Spectrum of Carbon monoxide is …………………
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Band Spectrum
All of the numerous band spectra formerly attributed to carbon are due probably to carbon compounds
- Which one of the following is a vector quantity ?
1.Electric Field Intensity
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Electric Charge
Electric charge is a vector quantity because doesn’t ‘point’ in a physical direction in space.
- Hydrogen bomb is based on ………………….
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Uncontrolled fusion
hydrogen bomb or H-bomb, weapon deriving a large portion of its energy from the nuclear fusion of hydrogen isotopes
- Crompton effect is associated with which one of the following ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.X-rays
In a Crompton effect a beam of monochromatic X-rays is scattered by a light element