Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to General Science(Chemistry) !!!
- Which is used to prevent Goitre disease ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Sodium Iodate
In 1924, launched a Goiter prevention program using iodized salt Sodium Iodate
- Two or more compounds having same molecular formula but different physical and chemical properties are called
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Isomers
Each of two or more compounds with the same formula but a different arrangement of atoms in the molecule and different properties are called Isomers
- Bakelite is a ……………….
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Polymer
Bakelite is a synthetic resin chemically formulated and named after its Belgian inventor, Chemist L.H.Baekeland in 1909.
- Synthetic fibre obtained from cellulose is known as …………………
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Rayon
Rayon is a manufactured regenerated cellulose fiber. It is made from purified cellulose, primarily from wood pulp, which is chemically converted into a soluble compound
- The Cetane number of diesel oil is ……………………..
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.75
Cetane number or CN is an indicator of the combustion speed of diesel fuel. It is an inverse of the similar octane rating for gasoline (petrol).
CN of diesel oil = 75
- ………………….. is a ore associated with earth impurities like sand, rocks and limestone
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Gangue
In mining, gangue is the commercially worthless material that surrounds, or is closely mixed with, a wanted mineral in an ore deposit.
- Which of the following is used for killing Rats ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Zinc Phosphide
Zinc Phosphide rat poison kills by means of phosphine gas being released when the substance comes into contact with the stomach acids of the rat
- …………………. is also known as Baryta water
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Barium Hydroxide
Barium hydroxide are chemical compounds with the chemical formula Ba(OH)2(H2O)x. The monohydrate (x =1) is known as baryta, or baryta-water
- Which is used to write on paper ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Lead
Lead is a chemical element in the carbon group with symbol Pb and atomic number 82.
- ………………… is used for artificial rain
5.None Of TheseAnswer – 2.Silver Iodide
The most common chemicals used for cloud seeding include silver iodide, potassium iodide and dry ice
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification