Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to General Science(Chemistry) !!!
- Who suggested that matter possesses dual nature
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.De-Brogile
De-Brogile suggested that matter possesses dual nature. It has wave nature as well as particle nature.
- ……………. is a technique in which solvent molecules moves from the solution of higher concentration to lower concentration
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Reverse Osmosis
Reverse Osmosis is a technique in which solvent molecules moves from the solution of higher concentration to lower concentration when they are separated by semipermeable membrane and excess pressure is applied to the higher concentration solution
- Catalysis is called ………………. When reactant and Catalyst are in same phase
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Homogenous
Catalysis is called Homogenous When reactant and Catalyst are in same phase
Catalysis is called Heterogenous When reactant and Catalyst are in different phase
- Which Charcoal adsorbs colouring matter and odoriferous gases ?
4.All of these
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Wood Charcoal
Wood Charcoal adsorbs colouring matter and odoriferous gases, thus used in decolourising sugar solutions and in gas masks
- ……………… is used as a solvent for Oil fat and in dry cleaning
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.C6 H6
Benzene(C6 H6) is used as a solvent for Oil fat and in dry cleaning.Sodium Benzate is a food preservative
- ……………… is also called as Marsh gas
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Methane
Marsh gas, which is also called methane, is produced by the anaerobic bacterial decomposition of vegetable matter and the rumen of herbivorous animals.
- Catalysis is called ………………. When one of the product increases the rate of the reaction
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Autocatalysis
Catalysis is called Autocatalysis When one of the product increases the rate of the reaction
- ……………….. is required to separate the ions of an ionic compound
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Lattice Energy
Lattice energy is a measure of the energy contained in the crystal lattice of a compound, equal to the energy that would be released if the component ions were brought together from infinity.This energy is required to separate the ions of an ionic compound
- Munz metal is an alloy of ………………………….
1.Copper and Tin
2.Lead and Copper
3.Copper and Zinc
4.Lead and Tin
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Copper and Zinc
Munz metal is an alloy of Copper(60%) and Zinc(40%).It is used for making coins
- Which is used to determine the electronic configuration of an atom ?
3.Planck’s Quantum theory
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Aufbau Principle
The Aufbau principle determines an atom’s electron configuration by adding electrons to atomic orbitals following a defined set of rules.