Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to General Science(Biology) !!!
- Which among the following parts of plants are involved in gaseous exchange ?
4.Both 1 and 2
5.Both 2 and 3Answer – 5.Both 2 and 3
Lenticles and Stomata are parts of plants are involved in gaseous exchange
- …………………..tissue convert sugar into insoluble starch and store these up for future
4.All of these
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Parenchyma
Parenchyma tissue convert sugar into insoluble starch and store these up for future
- The amount of cholesterol required for an adult human being is ………..
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.60grams
The amount of cholesterol required for an adult human being is 60grams.
A human male weighing 68 kg (150 lb) normally synthesises about 1 g (1,000 mg) per day, and his body contains about 35 g, mostly contained within the cell membranes. Typical daily cholesterol dietary intake for a man in the United States is 307 mg
- Which is is the primary building block for plant protoplasm ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Nitrogen
Nitrogen is the primary building block for plant protoplasm. Protoplasm is the translucent substance that is the living matter in cells. It is needed for flower differentiation, speedy shoot growth, the health of flower buds and the quality of fruit set. It also acts as a catalyst for the other minerals.
- Which Cereals contains maximum amount of protein ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Wheat
Wheat is having a higher protein content than other major cereals, maize (corn) or rice.In terms of total production tonnages used for food, it is currently second to rice as the main human food crop and ahead of maize
- Light rays enter the eye through the ………………..
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Cornea
Light rays enter the eye through the cornea, the clear front “window” of the eye. The cornea’s refractive power bends the light rays in such a way that they pass freely through the pupil the opening in the center of the iris through which light enters the eye.
- Which among the following kinds of lenses are used to treat Astigmatism?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Cylindrical
Astigmatism is a defect in the eye or in a lens caused by a deviation from spherical curvature, which results in distorted images, as light rays are prevented from meeting at a common focus.
- ……………………are plant hormones that are derivatives of the purineadenine.
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Cytokinins
Cytokinins are plant hormones that are derivatives of the purine adenine.
- …………………………. lens is used to correct Presbyopia
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Bifocal
For centuries presbyopia was corrected with the use of bifocal eyeglasses. Presbyopia is a condition associated with aging in which the eye exhibits a progressively diminished ability to focus on near objects
- ……………………. is needed for energy transfer and storage in plants
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Phosphorous
Phosphorus is needed for energy transfer and storage in plants. It is needed for the formation of nucleic acids ( RNA and DNA ). It helps plants to mature and promotes root, flower and seed development.