Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to General Science(Biology) !!
- Photoperiodism affects which of the following ?
4.All of these
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.All of these
Photoperiodism is the physiological reaction of organisms to the length of day or night. Photoperiodism can also be defined as the developmental responses of plants to the relative lengths of light and dark periods.
- ….………….are located in the fluid that surrounds the nucleus
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Mitochondria
This genetic material is known as mitochondrial DNA or mtDNA.which are located in the fluid that surrounds the nucleus (the cytoplasm). Outside the nucleus DNA is found in mtDNA
- ………………….. is helps the embryo exchange gases and handle liquid waste
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Excretion
Allantois is helps the embryo exchange gases and handle liquid waste
- ……………………. animals belongs to mollusca
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Haliotis
Haliotis – Mollusca is one of the most diverse groups of animals on the planet. It includes such familiar organisms as snails, octopuses, squid.
- Xenobiotics which are inherently resistant to microbial attack are called as
4.All of these
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Recalcitrant
A xenobiotic is a foreign chemical substance found within an organism that is not normally naturally produced by or expected to be present within that organism.
- Which part of root involved in water absorption ?
1.Zone of root hairs
2.Zone of cell division
3.Zone of elongation
4.Zone of rootcap
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Zone of root hairs
In roots, the most efficient region of water absorption is the root hair zone.
- The virus without capsid but only with nuclei acid is called …………………..
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Nucleoid
The nucleoid (meaning nucleus-like) is an irregularly-shaped region within the cell of a prokaryote that contains all or most of the genetic material.
- Which of the following is biodegradable ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Leather belts
Leather is biodegradable and can be decomposed.
- Which of the following involving synthetic chemical compound ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Allopathy
The branch of medicine involving synthetic chemical compounds is Allopathy. Allopathy means a treating disease by the use of agents that produce impact various from those of the disease treated.
- Arneology is study of ………………………..
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Spiders
The study of spiders is called Araneology