Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to General Science(Biology) !!
- Fluoride pollution mainly affects ……………
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Teeth
Fluoride is present in the teeth, bones, thyroid gland and skin of animals.But Fluoride pollution mainly affects Teeth.
- Algal boom is also called as
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Eutropication
In aquatic ecosystems, species such as algae experience a population increase (called an algal bloom). Algal blooms limit the sunlight available to bottom-dwelling organisms and cause wide swings in the amount of dissolved oxygen in the water.
- The study of human population and things that affect them is …………….
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Demography
Demography is the study of statistics such as births, deaths, income, or the incidence of disease, which illustrate the changing structure of human populations.
- The chemical wastes from Industry is called
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Industrial Effluents
Effluent is defined by as “wastewater – treated or untreated – that flows out of a treatment plant, sewer, or industrial outfall.
- The incubation period of Hepatitis ‘B’ virus is how many days ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.30-180 days
After the virus enters the body, there is an incubation period lasting 1.5 to 6 months (average 4 months) until illness begins. During the acute phase (first 6 months after infection) most persons have no symptoms or might experience a mild illness.
- Study of a single population’s relationship to its environment is called
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Autecology
The ecological study of a particular species is called Autecology
- The carbon-di-oxide content in the air that we exhale about
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.4%
carbon-di-oxide content in the air that we exhale about only 4%
- Which of the following has maximum genetic diversity in India ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Mango
Mango has maximum genetic diversity in India
- Animals living at the bottom of the Sea are known as
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Benthic
The benthiczone is the ecological region at the very bottom of the sea.
- Energy flow in ecosystem is ……………….
4.All of these
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Uni-directional
The flow of energy in the ecosystem is unidirectional. The energy enters the plants (from the sun) through photosynthesis during the making of food. This energy is then passed on from one organism to another in a food chain.