Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to Basic Gk(Books & Authors) !!!
- The book titled ‘Many Everests: An Inspiring Journey of Transforming Dream Into Reality’ has penned by whom ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Ravindra Kumar
The book titled ‘Many Everests: An Inspiring Journey of Transforming Dream Into Reality’ is penned by Ravindra Kumar, a 2011 batch IAS officer. He shares his secret to success and his journey from the deep sea, where he spent almost a decade as a seafarer before scaling the Mt Everest, in the book.
- Who is the author of the book ‘The Walking Dead: A Continuing Story of Survival Horror’ ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Robert Kirkman
The Walking Dead: A Continuing Story of Survival Horror is the book authored by Robert Kirkman. It is a collection of short story related to Zombie movie.
- The biography of Dipa Karmakar ‘Dipa Karmakar: The Small Wonder’ to be written by ________________
4.Both 1 and 2
5.All of theseAnswer – 4.Both 1 and 2
The biography of Dipa Karmakar who is the first Indian female gymnast ever to compete in the Olympics to be written by Vimal Mohan, Digvijay Singh Deo and her coach Bishweshwar Nandi.The book titled ‘Dipa Karmakar: The Small Wonder’ which will be published by Fingerprint! in August 2017.
- Who is the author of the book titled Heyday: Britain and the Birth of the Modern World ?
4.Benjamin F. Wilson
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Ben Wilson
Heyday: Britain and the Birth of the Modern World authored by Historian Ben Wilson, he sets the scene for his new piece of historical writing.
- Midnight’s Furies: The Deadly Legacy of India’s Partition is the book has been authored by whom ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Nisid Hajari
Midnight’s Furies: The Deadly Legacy of India’s Partition is a non-fiction book by Nisid Hajari, published in 2015 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. The book chronicles the partition of India and the riots and other violence that followed.
- The novel Woman on the Edge of Time was written by
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Marge Piercy
Woman on the Edge of Time is a novel by Marge Piercy. It is considered a classic of utopian “speculative” science fiction as well as a feminist classic
- The book ‘The Ivory Throne: Chronicles Of The House Of Travancore’ has been written by
1.Manu S. Pillai
2.G. Sankara Pillai
3.Thakazhi S. Pillai
5.None of theseAnswer – 1. Manu S. Pillai
The Ivory Throne: Chronicles Of The House Of Travancore written by debutant author Manu S. Pillai traces the rise and fall of Maharani Sethu Lakshmi Bayi (1895 -1985), regent queen of the erstwhile Kingdom of Travancore.
- Who is the author of the book titled ‘The Other One Percent: Indians in America’ ?
4.All of these
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.All of these
Devesh Kapur is the director of the Centre for Advanced Study of India at the University of Pennsylvania. He is the co-author of a new book – “The Other One Percent: Indians in America”, which will be released in New York this week. The book has been hailed as the most authoritative, data-driven, research based work on Indian-Americans.
- A Non fiction book ‘The Singularity Is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology’ has been authored by
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Ray Kurzweil
The Singularity Is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology is a 2006 non-fiction book about artificial intelligence and the future of humanity by inventor and futurist Ray Kurzweil.
- The book titled ‘On the Front Line: The Collected Journalism’ is penned by whom ?
1.Hadi Al Abdullah
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Marie Colvin
On the Front Line: The Collected Journalism of Marie Colvin is a book by Marie Colvin. On the Front Line includes her various interviews with Yasser Arafat and Colonel Gadaffi, reports from East Timor in 1999 where she shamed the UN into protecting its refugees; accounts of her terrifying escape from the Russian army in Chechnya.