Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to Basic Gk (Sports)
- 2021 men’s World Championship to be held in which country ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.India
In a historic first for Indian boxing, the country will host the men’s World Championship for the first time in 2021 besides next year’s women’s World Championship, shaking off the last remnants of administrative turmoil that once plagued the sport.
- Which country will host 2019 Men’s World Championships ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Russia
AIBA Men’s World Championships 2019 scheduled to held in Sochi, Russia
- The World Para Athletics Championships 2017 held in _______________
5.None of theseAnswer –1.UK
The World Para Athletics Championships 2017 held in London. For India, the event was one to remember as it culminated in its highest ever tally at a Para Athletics World Championships. The nation ended the Championships with a total tally of five medals. These include one gold, two silver and two bronze medals
- Which state has recently launched ‘Mission Football’ programme ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Meghalaya
Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma officially launched a statewide football grassroots development programme ‘Mission Football’ amid much fanfare at the packed Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.
- Which country has selected to host 2024 World Short Course Swimming Championships ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Hungary
Kazan, Russia has been selected to host the 2022 World Short Course Swimming Championships.The 2024 Short Course Worlds Championships will be held in the Hungarian capital, which currently hosts the 17th FINA World Championships.
- ATP world tour ‘The Chennai Open’ herafter known as ___________
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Maharashtra Open
The Chennai Open, India’s only event in the ATP World Tour, will now be known as Maharashtra Open after being moved to Pune by owners IMG-Reliance
- Sundar Singh Gurjar associated with which Sport ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Athlete
Para-athlete Sundar Singh Gurjar became only the second Indian to win a gold at the World Para Athletics Championships. Earlier, in 2013, Devendra Jhajharia won gold.
- The AIBA 2018 Congress to be hosted by which of the following country ?
1.New Delhi, India
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Moscow, Russia
The AIBA 2018 Congress was awarded to the Russian capital city of Moscow.
- Lord’s Cricket Ground is situated in which of the following country ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.UK
Lord’s Cricket Ground hosted the final match of 2017 Women’s World Cup and other matches were played at the home grounds of Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Somerset and Gloucestershire.
- 2019 Women’s boxing tournament to be held in ______________
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Turkey
Women’s boxing tournament in 2019 to be held in Trabzon, Turkey.