On May 8, 2020 Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Giriraj Singh(chief guest) presented the award to the winners of “Startup India-Animal Husbandry Grand Challenge”. Minister of State of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying(AHD), Sanjeev Kumar Balyan & Secretary AHD), Atul Chaturvedi were also present.
- The challenge was open for application to Startups from 11th of September, 2019 to 15th of November, 2019 on the Startup India portal – www.startupindia.gov.in.
Gist about “Startup India- Animal Husbandry Grand Challenge”
i.It was launched by the Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying, in partnership with Startup India to look out for innovative and commercially viable solutions to address the problems faced by the Animal Husbandry and Dairy sector.
ii.Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the challenge on 11th September 2019 at a national animal disease control programme in Mathura.
Winners & Runners list
|Problem Statement||Winner||Runner up|
|Value Added Products||Krushak Mitra Agro Services Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai||Studio Carbon, Ahmedabad|
|Single Use Plastic Alternatives||NIL||NIL|
|Eliminating Milk Adulteration||White Gold Technologies LLP, Mumbai||Micro Life Innovations, Chennai|
|Product Traceability||EmerTech Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai||NebulARC Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Delhi|
|E-commerce Solutions||MoooFarm, Gurugram, Haryana||AKM Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Cuttack|
|Breed Improvement & Animal Nutrition||Adis Technologies, Belagavi, Karnataka||CisGEN Biotech Discoveries Pvt. Ltd., Chennai|
Winner– Krimanshi Technologies Pvt. Ltd, Jodhpur
Runner– Cornext Agri Products Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad
The challenge is to provide solutions to the following 6 statements:
- Value-added products- introduce value-added dairy products namely: cheese, smoothies, flavoured milk, custard, yoghurt, and other ethnic Indian products using innovative techniques for smaller domestic as well as export markets
- Single use plastic alternatives- using environment-friendly alternatives to replace single-use polythene in dairy sector
- Eliminate milk adulteration- tackle milk adulteration in the dairy sector
- Product traceability- using technologies to track the journey of dairy products from farm to fork
- E-commerce solutions- encouraging innovations to provide modern digital infrastructure and advisory services across the country
- Breed improvement and animal nutrition- use of innovative technologies for quick genetic gain among Indian breeds of cattle and buffalos, and new varieties of green fodder and enriched animal feed.
i.For each problem statement 1 winner & 1 runner up is selected & given Rs 10 Lakhs and Rs 7 Lakhs respectively(total cash grants worth Rs. 1,02,00,000). No suitable startup was found for a solution to Single Use Plastic Alternatives.
ii.The winners will be provided incubation offers – the incubator will be responsible for physical incubation of these Startups for upto 3 months, mentor matchmaking, lab facility for Proof Of Concept(POC) development, testing facilities, conducting business and investor workshops, and tracking the activities of the Startups for up to 9 months after the completion of the programme.
Giriraj Singh– Begusarai, Bihar
Sanjeev Kumar Balyan– Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh