In accordance with the World Economic Forum (WEF) survey of more than 1,000 millennial, with the respondents spread across 285 cities in 125 countries, Father of the Nation is ranked 4th most admired leader and Prime Minister Narendra Modi ranked 10th in the list.
- The list has been topped by the late South African First President Nelson Mandela.
- All the survey respondents (youth) are members of the WEF’s Global Shapers Community aged between 20 and 30 years.
Top Admired Personalities as per Survey
- Nelson Mandela
- Pope Francis
- Tesla Motors’ CEO Elon Musk
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Microsoft Founder Bill Gates
- S. President Barack Obama
- Virgin Group Founder Richard Barson
- Apple Founder Steve Jobs
- Nobel laureate Mohammad Yunus
- Indian PM Narendra Modi
- S. investor Warren Buffett
In the list of 11, three personalities are not alive – Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi and Steve Jobs.
About Nelson Mandela, Gandhiji & Pope Francis as per report
- Nelson Mandela – Abolition of apartheid remains his greatest legacy, and under his leadership, South Africa emerged as a genuine democracy that saw many changes.
- Mahatma Gandhi – He is known for his doctrine of nonviolent protests in order to achieve progress. The Indian lawyer, social activist, politician and writer became the leader of the nationalist movement against the British rule of India.
- Pope Francis – He is the first Latin American and non-European pope in more than 1,200 years. As the head of the Roman Catholic Church, he is the moral and spiritual leader of 1.2 billion people all over the world.