President and Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces Pranab Mukherjee on 69th Independence Day announced 67 Gallantry Awards to Armed Forces Personnel and members of Paramilitary Forces on August 15, 2015.
67 Gallantry Awards includes:
• Kirti Chakras- 2.
• Shaurya Chakras-10.
• Bar to Sena Medal (Gallantry)-1.
• Sena Medals (Gallantry)-49.
• Nao Sena Medals (Gallantry)-2
• Vayu Sena Medals (Gallantry)-3
President also awarded 20 Mention-in-Despatches to Army and Para Military personnel for their significant contributions in different military operations along with Gallantry awards and also the President awarded one PTM for distinguished service and two TMs for meritorious services to Indian Coast Guard personnel.
Lieutenant Colonel Nectar Sanjenbam of 21 Para SF
Naib Subedar Rajesh Kumar of 30 Rashtriya Rifles
The Kirti Chakra is an Indian military decoration awarded for valour, courageous action or self-sacrifice away from the field of battle. Before 1967, the award was known as the Ashoka Chakra, Class II.
1. COL MUNINDRA NATH RAI, YSM, GORKHA RIF, 42 RR (POSTHUMOUS)
2. MAJ TANUJ GROVER, ARMD, 22 RR
3. CAPT VARUN KUMAR SINGH, RAJPUT, 44 RR
4. MAN BAHADUR CHHETRI, 44, ASSAM RIFLES (POSTHUMOUS)
5.HAVILDAR TANKA KUMAR LIMBU21ST BATTALION THE PARACHUTE REGIMENT (SPECIAL FORCES)
6. CDR MILIND MOHAN MOKASHI (04755-F)
7. WING COMMANDER SANDEEP SINGH (25336) FLYING (PILOT)
8. LATE MOHD SHAFI SHEIKH HEAD CONSTABLE J&K POLICE, DISTT HANDWARA (POSTHUMOUS)
9. LATE SHRI REYAZ AHMAD LONE CONSTABLE (307/H (EXK – 055949) J&K POLICE, DISTT HANDWARA (POSTHUMOUS)
10. LATE SHRI HIRA KUMAR JHA SECOND-IN-COMMAND 7 BN, CRPF (POSTHUMOUS)
The Shaurya Chakra is an Indian military decoration awarded for valour, courageous action or self-sacrifice while not engaged in direct action with the enemy. Before 1967, the award was known as the Ashoka Chakra, Class III
20 Mention-in-Despatches awards were given to Army & Para Military personnel for their significant contributions in different military operations which include three for ‘Operation Meghdoot’, 12 for ‘Operation Rakshak’, one for ‘Operation Orchid’, one for ‘Operation Hifazat’ and three for ‘Operation Rhino’.