President Pranab Mukherjee appointed four new governors on 17th August and the list includes former Union minister Najma Heptulla for Manipur.
The appointment includes new governors for the,
- State of Manipur – Najma Heptulla
- State of Punjab – V.P. Singh Badnore, and
- State of Assam – Banwarilal Purohit.
- Lieutenant- Governor of Andaman and Nicobar Islands –Jagdish Mukhi.
About Najma Heptulla :
Dr.Najma Akbarali Heptulla is an Indian politician. She is a former vice-president of the Bharatiya Janata Party(BJP), and a five time member of the Rajya Sabha, the Upper House of the Indian parliament, between 1986 and 2012, and Deputy Chairman of the Rajya Sabha for sixteen years.
- She was a member representing Rajasthan from July 2004 to July 2010. She was nominated by the BJP for the Rajya Sabha in 2012 from Madhya Pradesh, and assumed her office on 24 April 2012.
- She contested the 13th vice-presidential election held in August 2007 but lost to Hamid Ansariby 233 votes.
- She took oath as acabinet minister in the Narendra Modi headed government on 26 May 2014. She is assisted by Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi who joined the Council of Ministers as a Minister of State in November 2014.
About V.P. Singh Badnore :
|Full Name||Shri V.P. Singh Badnore|
|Place of Birth||Badnore, Distt. Bhilwara (Rajasthan)|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Spouse||Shrimati Alka Singh|
|Children||One son and one daughter|
|Education||B.A.(Hons.), Business Management Educated at Mayo College, Government College, Ajmer and A.S.C.I., Hyderabad|
|Profession before joining politics||Agriculturist/Farmer, Political and Social Worker, Sportsperson, Environmentalist|
|Positions Held||1977-80, 1985-90, 1993-98 and 1998-99 Member, Rajasthan Legislative Assembly 1998-99 Cabinet Minister for Irrigation, Government of Rajasthan 1999-2004 Member, Thirteenth Lok Sabha 1999-2000 Member, Committee on Energy and Defence and Convenor of its Sub-Committee on Action Taken Report 2001 Convenor of the Sub-Committee on Electricity Bill, 2001 Convenor, Sub-Committee on Nuclear Energy 2001-2002 Member, Joint Parliamentary Committee on Stock Market Scam 2001-2003 Member, Consultative Committee for the Ministry of External Affairs Member, National Advisory Committee, NCC 2004-2009 Member, Fourteenth Lok Sabha Member, Committee on Energy Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of External Affairs July 2010 Elected to Rajya Sabha July 2010 onwards Member, Consultative Committee for the Ministry of Enviornment and Forests May 2012 onwards Member, Committee on Petitions Aug. 2010 – Aug. 2011 and Aug. 2012 onwards Member, Committee on Energy Oct. 2012 onwards Member, Joint Parliamentary Committee on Security in Parliament House Complex|
|Book(s) Published||Jaimal Vansh Prakash, [History of Badnore (Mewar)], 2013|
|Term||05/07/2010 to 04/07/2016|
|Member of||Rajya Sabha|
About Banwarilal Purohit,
Banwarilal Purohit was a Member of Parliament from theNagpur (Lok Sabha constituency) three times, twice as a Congress member, once as a BJP member. In 1984, he was elected to the 8th Lok Sabha as member of Congress Party. He was re-elected in 1989 on Congress ticket.
- Later he joined Bharatiya Janata Party when it launched a movement to build Ram Temple in Ayodhya, and contested Lok Sabha elections in 1991 as the party’s candidate. But he lost to Datta Meghe of Congress.
- In 1996 he was elected to 11th Lok Sabha as BJP’s candidate. In 2009 he again contested on BJP’s ticket but lost the election to Vilas Muttemwar of Congress.
- Banwarilal Purohit gained ownership of the Nagpur daily newspaper The Hitavada in 1980s. Banwarilal Purohit appointed as Governor of Assam on 17.08.2016.
About Jagdish Mukhi :
Jagdish Mukhi is a leader of Bharatiya Janata Party. He was born in 1942 in Dajal, Dera Gazi Khan. Mukhi is a former minister of Finance, Planning, Excise and Taxation and Higher Education in the Delhi government.
- He is a member of BJP and RSS. He has been teaching as reader inShaheed Bhagat Singh College, Delhi University. He launched Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University in the record time of 8 months.
- He was awarded as best planning minister of the nation by the then Union planning minister ShriPranab Mukherjee. Two times he was awarded with best MLA award in Delhi Vidhan Sabha.
- He was representing Janak Puri constituency continuously from 1980 and has won seven continuous Vidhan Sabha elections from the same constituency but lost the election in 2014 by 25000 Votes against AAP leader Mr. Rajesh Rishi.
- He has worked at all levels in the BJP & given the best performance as President, BJP Mandal Janak Puri; General Secretary, BJP West District; President, BJP West District; General Secretary, BJP Delhi; Prabhari, BJP affairs Jammu & Kashmir; Prabhari BJP affairs Haryana.