Famous Business Magazine Fortune has released the top 500 lisitngs of the world biggest companies for the year 2016.
What is FORTUNE 500 List?
Fortune is a New York based international Business Magazine managed by Time Inc., and dated back to 1929 for its foundation. This magazine is well known for its Fortune 500 list, a detailed and analytical rankings of the international companies depending upon their economy and values. Every year this magazine released various listings such as Fortune 500, 100; Fortune Global 500, Fortune India 500, 40 under 40 and the unicorn List etc.
Fortune 500 – 2016:-
The Fortune list for 2016 was released on July 21. The top runners of this listing are as follows,
- Wal-Mart with revenue of $482,130
- Exxon with revenue of Mobil$246,204
- Apple with revenue of $233,715
- Berkshire Hathaway with revenue of $210,821
- McKesson with revenue of $181,241
- UnitedHealth Group with revenue of $157,107
- CVS Health with revenue of $153,290
- General Motors with revenue of $152,356
- Ford Motor with revenue of $149,558
- AT&T with revenue of $146,801
Indian companies among the listings:-
Indian Oil Corp is ranked highest at 161st among Indian firms, at the same time another state-run firm ONGC has moved out of the rankings for 2016. This time we have a new entry of famous Private gems and jewellery major Rajesh Exports at 423rd position.
There are 7 Indian Companies in this prestigious list. The respective rankings are:-
- Indian Oil Corp – 161,
- RIL – 215,
- Bharat Petroleum – 358,
- Hindusthan Petroleum – 367,
- Tata Motors – 226,
- SBI – 232,
- Rajesh Exports – 423.
It is noted that the world’s 500 largest companies generated $27.6 trillion in revenues and $1.5 trillion in profits in 2015 and also these companies employ 67 million people worldwide and are represented by 33 countries as whole.