Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton (Britain) won the Spanish Grand Prix 2021 for the 6th time (5th consecutive victory). The Spanish GP was held at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya in Montmela, Spain. The victory is also his 98th F1 Race Win (highest-ever in F1).
- Lewis Hamilton also became the 1st Formula One driver to seal 100 pole positions (1st position in the starting grid when the race is starting).
- Red Bull Racing Honda’s Max Verstappen (Netherlands) finished 2nd followed by Mercedes driver Valtteri Bottas (Finland).
- The F1 Championships are organised by Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA).
- The record of the 2nd highest pole positions is held by Michael Schumacher (retired) – 68.
- Hamilton is yet to beat Sebastian Vettel’s record of 15 poles in a season.
- Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton is a British Racing Driver. He is the only black driver to race in the sport.
- Records – Joint-record 7 World Drivers’ Championship titles (tied with Michael Schumacher), most F1 wins (98), most Pole Positions (100) & most Podium Finishes (169).
- He won his 1st World Drivers’ Championship in 2008.
Recent Related News:
i.On April 18, 2021, Red Bull Racing’s Max Verstappen (Netherlands) won the 2021 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix held at Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari Circuit in Imola, Italy.
About Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA)
President – Jean Todt
Headquarters – Paris, France