Mukesh Ambani, the Chairman and Managing Director of Reliance Industries Ltd. topped the Forbes India’s 100 Richest 2023 List with USD 92 Billion. Mukesh Ambani regains the ‘Richest Indian’ title after he slipped to second spot in 2022.
- With a net worth of USD 68 Billion, Gautam Adani of Adani Enterprises slipped to the second rank from the first in 2022 and Shiv Nadar of HCL Technologies ranked 3rd with a net worth of USD 29.3 Billion.
- Savitri Jindal of the O.P. Jindal Group is India’s richest woman with a net worth of USD 24 billion. She ranked 4th in the list with net worth of USD 24 Billion.
- Nikhil Kamath, co-founder of the trading platform Zerodha, is the youngest billionaire at the age of 37. He ranked at 40th position along with his Brother Nithin(44 years old) with a net worth of USD 5.5 Billion.
Top 10 Richest Indians:
(in USD Billion)
|1||Mukesh Ambani||92||Rs 7,65,348.00 crore||Reliance Industries|
|2||Gautam Adani||68||Rs 5,65,692.00 crore||Adani Enterprises|
|3||Shiv Nadar||29.3||Rs 2,43,746.70 crore||HCL Technologies|
|4||Savitri Jindal||24||Rs 1,99,656.00 crore||O.P. Jindal Group|
|5||Radhakishan Damani||23||Rs 1,91,337.00 crore||Avenue Supermarts|
|6||Cyrus Poonawalla||20.7||Rs 1,72,203.30||Serum Institute of India|
|7||Hinduja Family||20||Rs 1,66,380.00 crore||Ashok Leyland|
|8||Dilip Shanghvi||19||Rs 1,58,061.00 crore||Sun Pharmaceutical Industries|
|9||Kumar Birla||17.5||Rs 1,45,582.50 crore||Aditya Birla Group|
|10||Shapoor Mistry & Family||16.9||Rs 1,40,591.10 crore||Shapoorji Pallonji Group|
i. The combined wealth of India’s top 100 richest individuals in 2023 stands at USD799 billion which is less compared to the USD 800 Billion in 2022.
ii.The minimum net worth to enter the list has reached an all-time high of USD 2.3 billion.
iii. Totally 9 women were featured in Forbes India’s 100 richest list in 2023.
- Savitri Jindal (4th)
- Rekha Jhunjhunwala(28th)-stock market investor
- Vinod Gupta (30th) ranked along with her son Anil Rai Gupta of Havells India
- Renuka Jagtiani(44th) of Landmark Group
- Leena Tewari(45th) of USV India
- Mallika Srinivasan(83rd) of TAFE-Tractors and Farm Equipment Limited
- Anu Aga(87th) of Thermax
- Falguni Nayar(88th) of Nykaa
- Kiran Mazumdar Shaw(92nd) of Biocon
The three new billionaires entered the Forbes India Rich List in 2023 and it includes
- The Dani family of Asian Paints at 22nd rank with USD 8 Billion.
- Renuka Jagtiani, chairwoman of Landmark Group, a Dubai-headquartered retailing giant, ranked 44th with USD 4.8 Billion.
- KP Ramasamy, founder and chairman of KPR Mill is ranked 100th with USD 2.3 Billion.
NTPC Featured in Forbes “World’s Best Employers 2023” List:
NTPC Limited, formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation ranked 261st out of the top 700 companies in the Forbes “World’s Best Employers 2023” list and it is the only Indian Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) featured in the list.
- NTPC is India’s largest power utility company with an installed capacity of 73,824 Megawatt (MW) and plans to become a 130 Gigawatt (GW) company by 2032.
- It was Established in 1975.
World’s Best Employers 2023:
|1||Samsung Electronics||South Korea|
About Forbes World’s Best Employers List:
i.Forbes partnered with market research firm Statista for the seventh annual list of the World’s Best Employers.
ii.The list identifies companies that offer exciting work and a positive environment.
Recent Related News:
i.76 entries from India are featured among the Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia Class of 2023. The Indian winners include Tokyo 2020 Olympic gold medallist Neeraj Chopra(25), Co-founders of Genrobotic Innovations(Kerala) Arun George(29); Vimal Govind MK(28); Rashid Karimbanakkal(28); Nikhil NP(29), and Elwinder Singh(29), cofounder of Connect and Heal.
ii.“360 One Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2023”, the 12th–anniversary edition of Hurun India Rich List released in association with 360 One Wealth, is topped by Mukesh Ambani(66), Chairman of Reliance Industries limited(RIL).Mukesh Ambani has regained the title as India’s richest man with a wealth of Rs 8,08,700 crore.
Forbes is a global media company, focusing on business, investing, technology, entrepreneurship, leadership, and lifestyle.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)- Mike Federle
Headquarters- New Jersey, the United States of America (USA)
Founded in – 1917