Union Minister of Finance, Corporate Affairs and Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Arun Jaitley launched the Hinduja Ventures Headend-In-The-Sky (HITS), a digital initiative under the brand name NXT DIGITAL, which is to be a boon for the digitalisation mission and Make in India initiatives. This digital broadcasting platform will provide over 500 TV channels to cable operators.
Project outlay – Rs.5, 000 crore
To tap the transition from analog to digital mode of cable TV services under the government’s digitisation drive.
All the application development for the NXT Digital platform has been designed and built 100 per cent in India. This cutting-edge technology and software will allow cable networks and subscribers alike, to harness the power of global innovative solutions right here in India,
– HITS will serve Multi System Operators (MSOs) as well as Local Cable Operators (LCOs).
– NXT DIGITAL has designed the COPE (Cable Operator Premise Equipment) systems to cater specifically to Indian conditions.
– Facilitate over 100 million homes go digital in Phase III and IV markets.
– Enable thousands of entrepreneurial cable operators to make a transition from analog to digital across an estimated 120 million homes in India.
The new service will enable cable operators to be independent, retain network ownership and go digital as per Government mandate and deadlines.
– The customers will have a choice and pay for what they want to see.
NXT Digital has tied up with training institutes to train and equip youth in smaller towns and markets in India with the necessary skills required for supporting a digital India, under “Skill India initiative”.
These measures would support the transition of analogue television networks to digital by providing a pan-India network of trained service technicians.