On January 7, 2021, Flipkart signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Logistics Skill Sector Council (LSC). It is LSC’s first-of-its-kind industry partnership with Flipkart to set up the industry-first Centre of Excellence (CoE) in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- LSC is an organisation set up by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) through National Skill Development Corporation of India (NSDC) and Karnataka Skill Development Centre (KSDC).
- It should be noted that Flipkart had partnered with LSC in 2019 to provide training to its supply chain employees. With setting up of CoE, the company is enhancing its partnership.
About Centre of Excellence:
To be spread across an area of 1,500 square feet, the COE aims to enhance the employability of unskilled and unemployed people in the e-commerce industry. It will be open to aspirants who want to work in the logistics industry,
- It is set up to build a skilled and trained workforce for the fast-growing e-commerce industry in India.
- CoE envisages all round development of the candidates through an extensive training module, co-developed with LSC & KSDC.
- Karnataka Kaushalya Mission, which is part of the Department of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and Livelihood, Karnataka Government, and LSC will help in mobilization of aspirants for the CoE.
Upon successful completion of the training, candidates will be awarded certification under the National Skill Qualification Framework (NSFQ), which is equivalent to an undergraduate degree. This certificate is recognised across seven countries including, Australia, Denmark, Germany and Saudi Arabia.
–Flipkart has further strengthened its vernacular language by introducing Marathi, the third most widely spoken language in India, on its platform.
–With this, the Flipkart app is now accessible in six major languages including English, Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu and Kannada.
Recent Related News:
i.On June 9, 2020 Flipkart-owned digital payments platform PhonePe along with ICICI Lombard, the non-life insurance company launched ‘first of its kind’ travel insurance, domestic multi-trip insurance to provide a stress- free travel experience to customers.
ii.On December 9, 2020 Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) signed a MoU with Amazon India(amazon.in) to enable benefits of Electronic(e)-commerce to Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in 10 states across India.
About Logistics Skill Sector Council (LSC):
Chairman– Capt TS Ramanujam
Headquarter– Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)– Kalyan Krishnamurthy
Headquarter– Bengaluru, Karnataka