As part of the efforts to enhance community experience for women entrepreneurs in India, Flipkart & NITI Aayog have collaborated to launch the updated Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP). WEP is a first of its kind, unified access portal launched by NITI Aayog in 2017 to support Women Entrepreneurs.
i.The revamped platform has multiple regional language support, allows interaction with women, fellow women entrepreneurs and mentors to communicate and also has a Question and Answer Portal.
ii.The community on WEP platform will connect women entrepreneurs who seek clarification on GST, funding, effects of the pandemic & progression of already established businesses.
iii.Through the platform, mentorship is also being offered to women mentees through a dedicated online mechanism.
- The online mechanism is being provided by FICCI-FLO’s (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry- FICCI Ladies Organisation) under Empowering the Greater 50% campaign.
iv.Through the platform, the organization aims to:
- Bridge the gap between knowledge seekers & knowledge providers.
- Address challenges like lack of networking opportunities & mentor the challenge of balancing work & family.
- Provide a support system for women entrepreneurs who want to upgrade their businesses.
- To create a platform where Mentors & Professionals will share their experiences.
Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP):
i.Initiated by NITI Aayog’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Amitabh Kant during the 8th Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) at Hyderabad, Telangana.
ii.It is built on three pillars – Iccha Shakti, Gyaan Shakti & Karma Shakti.
- Iccha Shakti – motivating aspiring entrepreneurs to start their business.
- Gyaan Shakti – providing knowledge and ecosystem support to women entrepreneurs for fostering entrepreneurship.
- Karma Shakti provides hands-on support to entrepreneurs in setting-up and scaling up businesses.
Services by the Platform:
i.It will provide free credit ratings, mentorship, funding support to women entrepreneurs, apprenticeship & corporate partnerships.
ii.It will encourage women entrepreneurs to share their journeys, stories & experiences to nurture mutual learning.
iii.It also provides incubation & acceleration support to women founded/co-founded startups.
Recent Related News:
i.On August 24, 2020, Tech Mahindra joined hands with NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog’s Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) to support Indian women entrepreneurs.
CEO – Kalyan Krishnamurthy
Headquarters – Bengaluru, Karnataka
About NITI Aayog:
CEO – Amitabh Kant
Headquarters – New Delhi