On March 16, 2021, The Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) collaborated with United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime(UNODC) to launch the Global Integrity Programme a comprehensive international programme to fight and prevent match manipulation.
- Objective: To protect the integrity of football and will play an important role in educating and building capacity within all 211 member associations to help fight match-fixing at a local level.
- The programme is organized regionally per confederation and includes a series of three-module virtual workshops to be delivered to all FIFA member associations.
- The first module was held on March 4 and will continue with the second module on March 16.
FIFA Integrity Officers Community Platform:
- Alongside the FIFA Global Integrity Programme, that FIFA will shortly be launching the FIFA Integrity Officers Community Platform.
- It will be the first-ever community-driven online platform dedicated exclusively to integrity officers across all member associations and confederations worldwide.
- This confidential platform will bring together a global network of integrity officers to share their experience and exchange best practices related to preventing and fighting match manipulation and promoting integrity in football.
Ongoing Initiatives of FIFA:
- FIFA signed a memorandum of understanding with the UNODC in September 2020 to step up their joint cooperation to address the threats posed by crime to the sport.
Recent Related News:
On 17th December 2020, Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) awarded Robert Lewandowski, captain of Poland National Team as the Best FIFA Men’s player for 2020 in its annual award ceremony. The event also saw the distribution of 9 awards related to football. Lucy Bronze of England won the Best FIFA Women’s player for 2020.
About Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA):
Headquarters– Zurich, Switzerland.
Motto– For the Game. For the World.
President– Gianni Infantino.
About United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime(UNODC):
Director-General/ Executive Director– Ghada Fathi Waly
Headquarters– Vienna, Austria