Facebook has acquired the shopping search engine TheFind. The acquisition aims to improve Facebook ads experience and lift its digital advertising business. Soon the company will be merging with facebook in order to make ads more better and relevant for consumer.
With the acquisition of TheFind, Facebook will be able to add additional shopping tools to its service. The terms of the deal were not disclosed and its unclear how Facebook will ultimately integrate TheFind’s technology into its system.
It’s likely that the social network will leverage TheFind’s recommendation system to better target ads on the site.
- TheFind Inc, was incorporated in 2006 as FatLens Inc.
- On October 31, 2006 the site was re-launched as TheFind.com in order to put emphasis on search for lifestyle product.
- This is a private company situated in Mountain View, California.
- it was found by Shiva Kumar (CEO) and Shashikant Khandelwal (CTO)
- On August 29, 2007, The Find.com acquires glimpse.com, The women Fashion site.
Advantages to Customers
- If consumers want to shop locally, TheFind can return results within their geographic vicinity.
- Consumers can easily compare prices between different retailers and save themselves time by not having to scour each individual site.