The European Union made the largest ban of sales and distribution of 700 generic drugs and it will come into effect on August 21, 2015.
- This ban will be applicable to 28 member nations.
- GVK BIOSCIENCES a Hyderabad-based pharmaceutical company made the manipulation of clinical trials of these genericmedicines.
- These generic medicines by the sales ban will lose their validity for use after August 2015 and wholesale dealers, drug stores pharmaceutical companies, other outlets will no longer be able to sell and distribute these medicines.
- London based European Medicine Agency said that inspection revealed that this data manipulation of electrocardiograms have been taken place over a period of last 5 years, during the conduct of some studies of generic studies.
- Pharmaceutical companies have the possibility to appeal against the suspension of sales of these medicines but there will no immediate effect and ban will be remain in force.
- GVK is founded by GVK Reddy, headquatered at Hyderabad.
- European National regulator, Federal Institute for Medicines and Medical Products (BfArM) said that it will publish a new list of suspended medicines after the European Commission order takes effect.