Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Spotting Errors, which is common for all the IBPS,SBI exam and other competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
- The current economic scenario (1) / could possibly undo (2) / the growth that followed (3) / the economic liberalisation of 1991. (4) / No error (5)Ans-3) here, the growth
that had followed …….. should be used.
- The government needsto provide (1) / specific regulations that create an environment (2) / where
trained scientific personnel enjoyed space and freedom (3) / to design new products benefiting society (4) / No error (5)Ans-3 Use ‘enjoy’ in place of enjoyed’
- Many of the young people (1) / studying abroad agreed that (2) / returning home was always (3) /
an attractive option (4) / No error (5)Ans-5 no error
- This questions force us (1) / to face the unpleasant truth that (2) / the policies of social justice
have (3) / reached a dead end. (4) / No error (5)Ans-1 ; Use ‘These’ in place of ‘This’
- India’s largest corporate house may be (1) / force to review the selection parameters after (2)
/ struggling to shortlist potential candidates (3) / for the past eight months (4) / No error (5)Ans-2; Use ‘forced’ in place of ‘force’
- The actor, who plays(1)/a detective in the film, alleged to have pushed the director (2)/ when he
asked him to get into his costume (3)/as it was getting late (4) / No error (5)Ans-2; Use ‘is’ before alleged
- The judge advised the government to (1) / have metered autorickshaws across the state while (2) /
recounting his personal experience where an auto- rickshaw driver (3)/ made him to wait and also demanded Rs. 100. (4) / No error (5)Ans-4) Here, made him wait
- My friend lived at the top (1)/ of an old house (2) / which attic had been (3)/ converted into’a flat. (4)/ No error (5)Ans-(3) Here, whose attic had been
should be used.
- A cash prize was (1)/ award to the most (2) / successful salesman of the year (3)/ by the President of
the company. (4)/ No error (5)Ans- (2) Look at the structure of the sentence in Passive Voice of Past Simple. Subject + was/were + V3 (Past Participle) Hence, awarded to the most ….
should be used
- The Renaissance was (1)/ a time to ‘re-awakening’ (2)/ in both the arts (3)/ and the sciences. (4)/ No error (5)Ans-(2) Here, a time of reawakening …. should be used.