Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in Affairs Cloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in sentence completion, which is BASED ON THE IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB exams !!!
- What makes a celebrity wedding so crackling is the way …………..if they were a part of it, participating in the romance and glamour.
1) it could make millions feel as the
2) it would making millions feels as
3) that can makes millions feel so
4) this can made millions feel as
5) it can make millions feel asAnswer – 5)
Explanation: it can make millions feel as is the best suited alternative.
- There is mutual and public interest ………….. and curbing arbitrariness, in this instance the governor or President’s space to act in a partisan manner.
1) on reviewing such the loopholes
2) for reviewed such loopholes
3) at reviewing such loophole
4) in reviewing such loopholes
5) of reviewing such as loopholesAnswer – 4)
Explanation: in reviewing such loopholes is the best suited alternative.
- Sharif stated that terrorist organisations were thriving in Pakistan and ‘non-state actors’ ………….. in Mumbai.
1) were responsible for the carnages
2) were responsible for the carnage
3) was responsible for the carnage
4) had responsible for the carnage
5) that responsibility for the carnageAnswer – 2)
Explanation: were responsible for the carnage is the best suited alternative.
- This story of malpractices, apathy and delay ………….. is likely being repeated too frequently for comfort.
1) on addresses urgent safety concern
2) in addressing urgent safety concerning
3) in addressing urgent safety concerns
4) on addressing urgents safety concerns
5) at addressing urgent safety concerningAnswer – 3)
Explanation: in addressing urgent safety concerns is the best suited alternative.
- Jab we first met at Delhi airport, ………….. our flight to Srinagar, most of us were strangers.
1) a hour before we were of board
2) an hour before we was for boards
3) an hour before we had of board
4) an hour before we were to board
5) a hours after we were to boardAnswer – 4)
Explanation: an hour before we were to board is the best suited alternative.
- We had the first glimpse of the snow-enveloped mountains of the inner Himalayas surrounding the Kashmir valley, ……………
1) when our flight nearing Srinagar airport
2) when ours flights neared Srinagar airport
3) then ours flight neared Srinagar airport
4) when our flight neared Srinagar airport
5) when ourself flights near Srinagar airportAnswer – 4)
Explanation: when our flight neared Srinagar airport is the best suited alternative.
- The real fun of being in the company of like-minded persons started when ………….., one of the highest in the world at 3,979 metres.
1) we gone of the gondola rides
2) we had gone for gondola ride
3) we went for the gondola ride
4) we gone of the gondola rides
5) we went for the gondola ridesAnswer – 3)
Explanation: we went for the gondola ride is the best suited alternative.
- Within few minutes, the climate again changed and it started to rain and ………….. as the temperature dropped to minus.
1) they had been asking to vacate the place
2) we were asked of vacating the place
3) we were asked for vacate the places
4) we were asked to vacate the place
5) we had asked for vacate the placeAnswer – 4)
Explanation: we were asked to vacate the place is the best suited alternative.
- When it was time to say goodbye, ………….. Srinagar and our journey to the airport-turned-fortress was somewhat easier.
1) normalcy had restored for
2) normalcy were been restored of
3) normalcy had been restoring on
4) normalcy had restored at
5) normalcy had been restored inAnswer – 5)
Explanation: normalcy had been restored in is the best suited alternative.
- And tremendous innocence leads to tremendous exploitation, which ………….. millions’ innocence to kill each other.
1) is how one wrong person abused
2) is how one of the wrong person abused
3) are how one wrong person abuse
4) was how one wrong person abused
5) is how one wrong person abusingAnswer – 1)
Explanation: is how one wrong person abused is the best suited alternative.