Welcome to Online English Section with explanation inAffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample insentence correction, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- Equipped with survival lessons from the December 2015 floods and helped by an__________flow of disaster warning messages, the city and neighbouring districts held together through several hours of fierce winds.
5) impotentAnswer – 3)
Explanation : efficient
- While economic damage was__________, cautionary advice put out on social platforms urging people to stay safe helped reduce the number of casualties.
5) inevitableAnswer – 5)
- While economic damage was inevitable, cautionary advice put out on social platforms__________ people to stay safe helped reduce the number of casualties.
5) wimpyAnswer – 1)
Explanation : urging
- Remarkably, the community also responded with_________, creating online groups and sharing messages offering help and advice.
5) aversionAnswer – 3)
Explanation : alacrity
- It is of course possible to learn even more by going back to citizens and_________data on their experience using online tools.
5) applicationAnswer – 2)
Explanation : harnessing
- Tropical storms are an annual affair, with the more__________eastern coast taking a pummelling from 92 severe cyclones out of a total of 262 between 1891 and 1990, and several more in the years since.
5) candidAnswer – 4)
Explanation : vulnerable
- Such weather events are a part of the climate system, and their impact in the form of economic losses could well be greater going forward, as development creates more_________in coastal cities.
5) disadvantageAnswer – 3)
Explanation : assets
- It is vital, therefore, that the learnings from each event are shared nationally, and the capacity of officials and communities to manage__________built continuously.
5) wonderAnswer – 2)
Explanation : disasters
- Vardah also demonstrated that in the time of social media and the Internet, speedy official and community messages can__________the outcome of a catastrophe.
5) inferiorityAnswer – 1)
Explanation : influence
- The storm hobbled the city’s infrastructure by nightfall, downing power and communication cables, blocking roads, __________rail and air transport, and spreading a carpet of darkness.
5) organizingAnswer – 1)
Explanation : disrupting