Welcome to Online English Section with explanation inAffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample inFILL IN THE BLANK, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- This year’s was a campaign that__________the idea of the innately decent and wise aam aadmi, at least in the aggregate.
5) revealedAnswer – 1)
Explanation : demolished
- He fractured the Republican Party whose nomination he had secured in a_________primary.
5) bruisingAnswer – 5)
Explanation : bruising
- Nothing mattered because he was convinced that he had tapped into a deep vein of__________running through U.S. society that would propel him to the White House.
5) tranquilAnswer – 3)
Explanation : resentment
- He was an unlikely candidate for the middle-aged, worried, white American male, scared of and__________for the future.
5) unnamedAnswer – 2)
Explanation : unprepared
- He was guessing (and rightly, as it turns out) that this would serve to energise and cement his support base. Mr. Trump is not the first politician to take_________to populism.
5) constraintAnswer – 4)
Explanation : recourse
- In his fight for the Democratic nomination, Senator Bernie Sanders also took recourse to populism, of a__________kind.
5) correspondentAnswer – 2)
Explanation : different
- He too wanted to restore American democracy but by increasing_________through progressive economic tax reform that would impact the rich.
5) disadvantageAnswer – 4)
Explanation : welfare
- There is talk of targeting black money, but the denomination of notes has nothing to do with the__________of black money, which is not held in hoards of notes but is a circulation of unrecorded and undeclared incomes.
5) pranceAnswer – 3)
Explanation : existence
- Retailers cannot sell the goods since customers do not have money to buy them, and they can provide goods on credit to customers only up to a point since they need to pay their suppliers and cannot_________enough new notes to do so.
5) sacrificeAnswer – 1)
Explanation : obtain
- With the severe loss of purchasing power, the country is being driven into an artificially created_________and the level of economic activity is declining.
5) factualAnswer – 2)
Explanation : recession