Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in FILL IN THE BLANK, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- A________modernity has________the belief that technology can bring about the liberation of human beings.
1) inarticulate, abstained
2) glib, perpetrated
3) quiet, constrained
4) uncommunicative, declined
5) dominate, worriedAnswer – 2)
Explanation : glib, perpetrated
glib – superficial,not deep,सतही
perpetrated – perform,करना
- We are in a_________in which 71 per cent of rural India owns mobile phones while 75 per cent of it lives on Rs. 33 per day.
5) strangeAnswer – 3)
Explanation : conjuncture – combination of events,सयोंग
- Mr. Modi’s Digital India speech at Silicon Valley showed his remarkable continuity with the policies of post-independence governments, which_________ignored the fundamental bases of development, health and education, leading to_________failures in eliminating deprivation.
1) grievously, colossal
2) pleasant, minikin
3) harmless, infinitesimal
4) churlish, diminutive
5) loathe, diminishAnswer – 1)
Explanation : grievously, colossal
grievously – painfully,कष्टदायक
colossal – big, बड़ा
- This is_________These politicians are so-called_________of democracy and are expected to be role models for the citizens of this country.
1) childish, future
2) secular, stars
3) ashamed, builder
4) disgraceful, upholders
5) bias, performanceAnswer – 4)
Explanation : disgraceful, upholders
- Depending upon how humanity chooses to use it, technology can enhance or________any aspect of life.
5) featuredAnswer – 4)
Explanation : hinder
- it’s really that_________major political parties have________advertisements which attack prominent political personalities.
1) surprising, issued
2) usual, favoured
3) challenging, created
4) discernible, raised
5) striking, directedAnswer – 1)
Explanation : surprising, issued
- People invented ways of carrying both conversation and written communication between their communities to keep in_________with one another as travel became simpler.
5) checkAnswer – 4)
Explanation : touch
- Digital India is the latest__________The__________is that what goes missing in the search of a “technological fix” is human beings themselves.
1) rebuff, frustration
2) repulse, deference
3) repulse, consideration
4) enchantment, irony
5) increased, pleasedAnswer – 4)
Explanation : enchantment, irony
enchantment – fascination,सम्मोहन
irony – Satire,विडम्बना
- As families and friends have moved away from one another, the telephone, even its cellular form, has allowed humanity to_________the necessary links among its members.
5) regulationAnswer – 1)
Explanation : maintain
- What should worry us is not the digital divide, but the fundamental divide between a rapidly growing technological capability and a________growth in eliminating human_________.
1) diligent, forbearance
2) zealous, offering
3) snail-like, deprivation
4) enthusiastic, endowment
5) irritation, predicatingAnswer – 3)
Explanation : snail-like, deprivation
snail-like – slow,धीमा
deprivation – needsअभाव