Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Fill in the Blanks, which is common for all the IBPS/SBI/RRB/SSC CGL/LIC/LDC exam and other competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blanks to make the sentence meaningfully complete in the contest of the sentence.
- Despite the organisational muddle, one area the BCCI is near___________is in its schedule.
- The late Jagmohan Dalmiya, along with I.S. Bindra, both former presidents of the BCCI, was the man___________in bringing money into cricket.
- Indeed, there is a cottage industry of___________ reading the tea leaves to divine why he is acting the way he is, Three questions are the subject of heated debate.
- Another narrative posits that Modi ___________to silence voluble ministers for fear the Sangh will either ramp down support for the party or ramp up sabotage.
A. carry on
- Last week, a newspaper report suggested that the US, once____________of India’s induction into Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation, has backed down, put off by the commerce ministry’s protectionist posturing.
- Even 18 months in, nobody knows whether the administration is____________playing good cop/bad cop, or whether the left hand truly does not know what the right hand is doing.
- Debates about policy prescriptions aside, Obama used the telecast to____________the fears of America’s Muslims, and in turn the fear of home-grown terrorism.
- Comparisons between the US and India may be easy to___________, but a leader’s role as healer-in-chief should not be.
- This area is supposed to be well fenced and___________, But seasonal rivulets form gaps along the border which are said to be exploited by drugs smugglers.
- The home minister himself took to social media to___________that the counterterror operations had ended on Saturday when the next day two more terrorists were found holed up at the airbase.