Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question samples from Idioms, which is common for all the IBPS,SBI exam and other competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
For each of the following sentences four alternatives are given.You are required to choose the correct meaning of the Idioms underlined in the sentences.
Level : Medium
Ideal Score : 7/10
- I did not mind what he was saying, he was only talking through his hat.
- Being ditched by her girlfriend, he is down in the mouth these days.
a.out of spirits
b.always in a fighting mood
d.always telling lies
[su_accordion]a.out of spirits
- I am afraid there is something fishy about the 2G Spectrum Auction.
a.full of fish
c.black at the bottom
d.as lucid as water
[su_accordion]c.black at the bottom
- She is accused of sitting on the fence.
b.observing the scene
c.hesitating between two options
d.resting on the fence.
[su_accordion]c.hesitating between the 2 options
- Rohan is a little hard of hearing.
- It was Malvika who put a spoke in my wheel.
a.tried to cause an accident
b.helped in the execution of the plan.
c.thwarted the execution of the plan.
d.destroyed the plan
[su_accordion]c.thwarted the execution of the plan
- Why do you wish to tread on their toes ?
a.to give offence to them
b.to follow them grudgingly
c.to treat them indifferently
d.to be kicked by them
[su_accordion]a.to give offence to them
- Stop playing Fast and Loose with her.
a.to beguile others.
b.to play tricks.
c.to play with feelings
d.to be losing fast.
[su_accordion]b.to play tricks
- Why to be scared of facing the music ?
a.to be greeted rudely
b.to be offered warm hospitality
c.to enjoy a musical programme
d. to bear the consequences
[su_accordion]d.to bear the consequences
- .Few and far between means :
a.very small in number
b.very small in distance
c.very small in quantity
d. between near and far
[su_accordion]a.very small in number