Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Fill in the Blanks, which is common for all the IBPS,SBI exam and other competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
Fill in the Blanks: Check for Logical Consistency, Verb forms and vocabulary usage
Level : Easy
Ideal Score : 8/10
Article Penned By Shivani
- After three years of stagnant and negative growth phase, BMW India is hoping to end the present
calendar year with a __________ growth in sales,aided by its revamped country strategy.
- It is now strongly focused on higher localisation, refreshed product portfolio and ____________
customer satisfaction levels.
- The Company also _____________ an additional investment of Rs. 100 Crore to be spent on
factory, training and sales organisations.
- With the _______________ of Cloud Computing, Microsoft has a real opportunity in India, the
company’s India-born CEO Satya Nadella has said.
- More important, these desires and dreams should be __________ with a missionary zeal. It is this
zeal that fires our engines and helps us to drive on the road to success.Passion brings with itself the
ability to preserve.
- It is often up to us to shape our destiny. And it usually depends on whether we get ____________
down by failures or use them as stepping-stones to success.
- At the beginning of 21st century, political and economic institutions have converged around the
world in a most remarkable way. Deep ideological cleavages ___________ the world in the last
century;monarchy,communism,fascism and liberal democracy bitterly competed for political
- The problem with liberalism,however, is that in search of freedom and social justice, liberals
either get impatient or have to exert power through vast bureaucracies.This ______________to
experiments of political and social engineering.
- The easiest way to achieve higher growth in the short run is to ________________that the
projects that are under way are completed in time so that output will flow out of them.
- The metallic letters at the entrance of the house read ‘Swati Mukundam’ ans as one steps inside
the hall, one can see a series of paintings ____________the walls.
Hints and Solutions :
1. BMW is hoping…….hoping for positive growth for sure.
2. All other adjectives are positive and showing improvement in various aspects, so enhanced would
be the most apt choice here.
3. 1st 2 choices can be easily eliminated as the sentence is in a passive form, cant take active verbs.
Out of the rest 2, 3rd is the best one.
4. Confusion may arises among option 2nd and 4th only, then outbreak, we tend to use for negative
happenings, emergence fits here.
5. Vocabulary usage :
Imbued :if something or someone is imbued with an idea,feeling, they become filled with it.
Imbibed : accepted/believed to be true
Alleviated :to make some bad feeling less intense
Enthused: to get excited about
6. Wretched :unpleasant
Squirted:liquid comes out of the narrow opening
Bogged down : if you get bogged down by something, it prevents you from making progress or
getting something done.
Eluded:If something that you want eludes you, you fail to obtain it.
7. the clear hint is : cleavages ……what cleavages do ? They divide !
8. Something leads to something……..’results in’ could also be correct but without the preposition ‘in’
it is wrong,
leads ……is starightforward corect.
9. ….must be completed in time…. ensure is correct option here.
10. 1st 2 options need prepositions here, as ‘lying on’ ….’sticking to’ …paintings dont create the
walls. 3Rd one is correct.