eMudhra Limited, a leading certifying firm in the country for digital signatures, has launched eSign services.
eSign can revolutionise the way business and governance is conducted in the country and pave the way for a digital transformation into a paperless environment.
eMudhra has also launched eMlocker which can be accessed at www.emlocker.com. It provides facility to store documents such as PAN cards, Aadhaar cards, electricity bills or any other documents electronically.
- eSign is an online electronic signature service which can facilitate an Aadhaar holder to digitally sign a document within seconds.
- The signatures generated by eSign are legally valid and secure under the Information Technology Act, 2000.
- It was launched on by Prime Minister as a part of Digital India Vision.
- eMudhra Limited is a licensed Certifying Authority under the IT Act of India issuing digital signature certificates in India since 2008.
- It offers various solutions to Indian consumers, with a large user base among Individuals, Corporates, Banks, Government Organizations and several small and medium businesses.
About Digital Signature
- A digital signature is an electronic signature used to authenticate the identity of the sender of a message or the signer of a document, and possibly to ensure that the original content of the message or document that has been sent is unchanged.
- Digital Signature Certificates can be used for eFiling of Income Tax Returns, eTendering in India on Government Websites such as Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation.