Vice President of India Shri Venkaiah Naidu launched India’s first social media super application ‘Elyments’ virtually on 5th July 2020. The app was developed by Sumeru Software Solutions & provides free audio/video calls, and private/ group chats through vibrant feed.
Most Important feature of the app is that user’s data will not be shared with the third party without the user’s explicit consent & the data will be stored in India.
- Around 1,000 IT professionals worked to create a homegrown application, which is a massive boost to ‘Make in India’ initiative.
- The app is created by giving priority to user’s privacy.
- The app urges every Indian to adopt Atma Nirbhar Bharat campaign to transform local India to Global India.
- The app is available in eight Indian languages including Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, and English.
- The app combines the features of most social media apps, regional voice commands and curated commerce platforms to promote Indian brands.
- The app also aims to promote Indian brands on the platform, similar to the Facebook marketplace along with Elyments Pay for secure payments.
- The app is available on both IOS and Android platforms.
About Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY):
Union Minister: Ravi Shankar Prasad
Minister of State: Shri Sanjay Shamrao Dhotre