The Election Commission of India has launched NERPAP – National Electoral Roll Purification and Authentication Programme, all over India with the objective of bringing a totally error free and authenticated electoral roll.
The NERPAP programme include linking of Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) data with Aadhar data for the purpose of authentication and also on improving image quality of electors along with sorting issues like corrections of errors/mistakes etc.
Citizens who are eligible to vote can feed their respective Aadhar number via,
- Mobile Application
- National Voters Service Portal
- By making a call at 1950 to state call centres
- By submitting the details of Aadhar number and EPIC number in a hard copy
The Electoral Registration Officer (ERO) will be organizing Special Camp for the collection of Aadhar details. Nationwide special camps will be organized by the ERO on 12th of April.
Knowledge is Wealth
- National Voters Day – January 25.
- Theme for 2015 National Voters Day – Easy Registration, Easy Correction.
- Harishankar Brahma is the current Chief Election Commissioner of India.