To bring efficiency and effectiveness in management practices, Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu inaugurated implementation of E-enabled Track Management System (TMS) and Mobile Application of TMS on Indian Railway at Rail Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Along with these two initiatives, the minister also inaugurated pilot implementation of Track Inventory Management System on Northern Railway to track materials inventory, construction and track machines organization in entire 225 units of Northern Railway.
Features of E-enablement of Track Management System (TMS)
- Implemented on all the 68 divisions of Indian Railways.
- With the implementation of this system, various activities of Track Inspection, Monitoring and Maintenance came on IT platform.
- The first of its kind Organization Wide Asset Management IT Application.
- Designed for decentralization of data capturing and speedy information dissemination along with centralized data keeping and analysis.
- It will eliminate more than 100000 manual record keeping registers and make the area of working almost paperless.
- Alerts in the form of SMS and E-mails to all concerned officials from Junior Engineer to Railway Board.
- Database and application servers established in CRIS Data Center at Delhi.
Features of TMS Mobile Application
- Developed to use the Track Management System on mobiles and tablets.
- Useful for senior management and officials on the move.
- Important information and reports like rail fracture analysis, IMR welds, overdue Ultrasonic testing, track machine working reports & Engineering Control’s morning position are included in this application.