A committee headed by Dr. Kasturirangan submitted draft national education policy 2019 to Union Human Resource Development Minister, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ and Minister of State for HRD, Shri Sanjay Shamrao Dhotre in New Delhi. Draft Education policy is build on five pillars: Access, Equity, Quality, Affordability, and Accountability. The following are the proposals recommend by the committee:
- Renaming Minister of Human Resource Development to Minister of education.
- For promoting Indian and classic languages, three new national institutes for Pali, Persian, and Prakrit and an Indian Institute of Translation and Interpretation (IITI) are recommend.
- Rashtriya Shiksha Ayog, an apex body is proposed to implementation all educational initiatives and to coordinate efforts between the Centre and the States.
- National Research Foundation is proposed to be set up for creating strong research culture across higher education.
- Mission Nalanda and Mission Takshashila will be re-structuring all Undergraduate programs in the country.
- For all science graduates 2 year common course and the next 3 year to specialize as doctor, nurse or dentist.
- Dentist and nurse to be given lateral entry into MBBS course. Common exit exam for all MBBS which also serve as an entrance to PG courses.
- No fee regulations for professional courses. 50% of students to get scholarship and 20% to get full scholarship.
- All the education institution to be treated on par as not for profit activity.