On July 26, 2019, Minister of State (I/C), Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (MDoNER) Dr Jitendra Singh chaired a review meeting with senior officers of Ministry of DoNER, North Eastern Council (NEC) and other organizations of MDoNER in New Delhi. It was attended by the Secretary, MDoNER, Dr Inder Jit Singh; Secretary, North Eastern Council (NEC), Shri Ram Muivah; Managing Director (MD) North Eastern Regional Agricultural Marketing Corporation Ltd (NERAMAC) Shri Pankaj Prasad; MD Communications-Based Train Control (CBTC) Dr. Shailendra Chaudhari and other senior officers.
i. The Minister briefed about the progress report of 100 Days Action Plan for Ministry of DoNER.
ii. It sanctioned 200 projects worth about Rs 3,000 crore.
iii. First Bamboo Industrial Park will be set up at Manderdisa in Dima Hasao district of Assam in an area of 75 hectares at a cost of Rs. 50 crores.
iv. 49 projects worth Rs 1231.94 crore were achieved by the Ministry.
v. 8 new projects worth Rs. 586.3 crore were sanctioned under NERSDS and NESIDS schemes.
vi. Under North East Road Sector Development Scheme (NERSDS), following projects were sanctioned:
- Upgradation of AT Road from Tsusangra to Input Junction (26.335 km) including 3 Nos. bridges” (Nagaland-Assam Inter-state road; Nagaland 26.335 kms and Assam 0.00 km)
- Tenning to Lekie Road (37.5km) in Nagaland for Rs 136.96 crore (Nagaland-Assam Inter-State road; Nagaland 37.500 kms and Assam 0.00 km)
- Dikhu bridge to Amguri (17.155 km) in Mokokchung District in Nagaland for Rs 59.77 crore (Nagaland-Assam Inter-state road; Nagaland 17.155 km and Assam 0.00 km)
- Rehabilitation and upgradation of road from Tuensang to Longleng (0.00 km to 51.60 km) in Nagaland for Rs 188.61 crore (Nagaland-Assam Inter-state road; Nagaland 51.6 kms and Assam 0.00km)
- Construction of Mukroh Umspar linking Jrikyndeng Road (15.517 km) in Meghalaya for Rs 58.01 crore (Meghalaya-Assam Inter-state road; Meghalaya 13.397 kms and Assam 2.120 km)
- Lakhipur Abhirampara connecting Agua Medhipara Phulbari Tura Road at 19th km (West Garo Hills ) (12.565 km) for Rs 46.14 crore (Meghalaya-Assam Inter-state road; Meghalaya 0.765 kms and Assam 11.80 kms)
vii. Under North East Special Infrastructure Development Scheme (NESIDS), following projects were sanctioned:
- Improvement of Tourist spot connectivity from Amarpur (Fatiksagar) leading to Chabimura and having access to eco-Tourism Centre in Tripura
- Improvement of road from Gandacherra-Raishyabari road at Ch. 18.30 KM to Narikel-Kunja (Length 8 km) for easy access for the tourists from Dhalai, North and Unakoti districts to Narikel Kunja island surrounded by Dumbur lake water in Tripura
viii. 36 on-going projects under various schemes like Non-lapsable Central Pool of Resources (NLCPR), Special Packages, Schemes of NEC etc. were completed with approved cost of Rs. 529.18 crore.
♦ Formed: September 2001
♦ Budget Allocation for Development of NE Council 2019-20: Rs 3000 cr