The Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare (DoP&PW) hosted the Anubhav Awards 2023 Ceremony at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi on October 23.
Dr. Jitendra Singh emphasized various administrative initiatives that have been put in place, ensuring the timely disbursement of pensionary benefits to retiring employees.
i.These initiatives include:
- Pre-Retirement Counselling workshops
- Anubhav Awards
- Pension Adalat
ii.One remarkable aspect is the ‘Whole of Government‘ approach, which remained robust even during the COVID-19 pandemic.
iii.The Bhavishya portal has evolved and now incorporates technology to ensure timely delivery of Pension Payment Orders to retirees.
iv.In a move to streamline and modernize, the government has repealed over 1,500 redundant laws since 2014 and introduced provisions like self-attestation.
- This aligns with the philosophy of “Minimum Government-Maximum Governance,” with the goal of bringing Ease of Living to the common citizen.
Anubhav Awards 2023:
After evaluation, 4 individuals from 8 different ministries, departments, and organizations were honored with Anubhav Awards, and 9 jury certificates were also awarded for the first time to foster broader participation.
Award recipients received medals, certificates, and a cash prize of Rs. 10,000, while jury certificate
This initiative, which was initiated by the Prime Minister, has been remarkably successful in promoting the sharing of experiences and ideas, resulting in the publication of 1,901 Anubhav write-ups, the highest number to date since its launch in March 2015.
- Highest of these submissions came from the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
Presented by: Dr. Jitendra Singh, Union Minister for Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions.
|1||Sh. Mohammad Jamshed, IRTS||Member (Traffic), Ministry of Railways|
|2||Sh. Yogender Chaudhary, IRS (IT)||Chief Commissioner Income Tax CBDT|
|3||Sh. P. Damodar Bhat||Sr. Superintendent, RMS, Department of Posts|
|4||Sh. Bhola Ram Thakur||Assistant Director (OL), DRDO|
|S.No.||Jury Certificate Winners|
|1||Dr. Reny Mammen Roy||Scientist-E DRDO|
|2||Sh. Shashi Kumar Valiathan||Director Central Secretariat Service|
|3||Sh. Cyriac VM||Administrative Officer, Department of Space|
|4||Sh. Sagaya Das||DRTC, Technical Officer DRDO|
|5||Sh. P. Arumugam||Chief officer superintendent, Ministry of Railways|
|6||Sh. Moorthy L||Chief commercial inspector, Ministry of Railways|
|7||Sh. Mohanan N||Loco Pilot (Goods)/Mech., Ministry of Railways|
|8||Sh. Lakhinana Kesava Rao||Sub inspector/Exe, CISF, MHA|
|9||Sh. Mukul Barua||Head Constable GD, CRPF, MHA|
The Anubhav Portal was introduced in March 2015.
Aim: to provide retiring and retired government employees with an online platform for sharing their valuable experiences and suggestions.
- Currently, it has garnered participation from 96 registered ministries, departments, and organizations, resulting in the publication of over 10,000 write-ups.
Dr. Jitendra Singh presided over the All-India Pension Adalat
i.A mechanism designed for the swift resolution of long-standing pension disputes.
ii.Out of the 45 cases presented, an impressive 30 were successfully resolved during this session.
iii.DoP&PW has conducted a total of 8 Pension Adalats to date, leading to the resolution of 71% of the 24,671 grievances addressed in these sessions by various Ministries, Departments, and Organizations.
Key participants: Shri SN Mathur, the Additional Secretary of DoPPW, Shri Atul Kumar Goel, MD & CEO of PNB, and Shri Debadatta Chanda, MD & CEO of Bank of Baroda.
Dr. Jitendra Singh Initiates National DLC Portal for Nationwide DLC Campaign 2.0
During the event, Dr. Jitendra Singh launched the National Digital Life Certificate (DLC) Portal for the Nation-wide DLC Campaign 2.0. This significant initiative, led by the Secretary of the DoP&PW, Shri V. Srinivas, was announced.
- The campaign, scheduled for November 2023, aims to facilitate the submission of life certificates for 70 lakh Central Government pensioners. To achieve this goal, DLC camps will be set up in 500 locations across 100 cities, and 17 banks will collaborate in this effort.
Digital Life Certificate for the Pensioners Scheme of the Government of India known as Jeevan Pramaan.
The Jeevan Pramaan initiative is a biometric-enabled digital service designed for pensioners from various government organizations, including the Central and State Government.
- It aims to simplify the process of obtaining a life certificate, eliminating the need for pensioners to physically visit the disbursing agency or the certification authority, thus reducing logistical challenges.
- Obtaining a digital life certificate is now hassle-free and can be done through various Jeevan Pramaan Centers, which are operated by CSCs, banks, government offices, or by using the client application on a PC, mobile, or tablet.
Integration of Pensioners’ Portals with Punjab National Bank (PNB) and Bank of Baroda
Punjab National Bank (PNB) and Bank of Baroda have seamlessly integrated their pension portals into the Integrated Pensioners’ Portal, a significant development.
- This initiative was launched by Dr. Jitendra Singh on October 18, 2022, at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi.
- The consolidation extends to Pension Disbursing Bank websites, and the merging of the Pension Seva Portals of SBI and Canara Bank with the Bhavishya portal has been successfully accomplished. Dr. Jitendra Singh, in collaboration with Punjab National Bank and Bank of Baroda, spearheaded the launch of the Integrated Pensioners’ Portal.
About Integrated Pensioners’ Portals:
i.This Integrated Pensioners’ Portal combines several stand-alone portals of the DoP&PW, such as BHAVISHYA, CPENGRAMS, ANUBHAV, SANKALP, ANUDAAN, and others, along with the pension portals of various banks. The primary aim is to offer a range of services through a single, user-friendly platform.
ii.State Bank of India holds the distinction of being the first pension disbursing bank to efficiently integrate its Pension Seva Portal with BHAVISHYA.