On February 23, 2021, Union Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoH&FW) virtually launched Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) 3.0. He also launched the IMI 3.0 portal & released the Operational Guidelines for IMI 3.0 and the awareness material/IEC package developed as part of the campaign.
- The video conference was also attended by Minister of State (MoS) Ashwini Kumar Choubey, MoH&FW.
- The focus of the IMI 3.0 is to reach children and pregnant women with the 12 Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) under Universal Immunisation Programme (UIP) who have missed these vaccine doses during the COVID-19.
- It should be noted that the IMI 3.0 is the 8th phase of Mission Indradhanush.
–The IMI 3.0 will be implemented in two rounds of 15 days each between February 22 and March 22, 2021 in the pre-identified 250 districts/urban areas across 29 States/UTs.
–As per the Guidelines released for IMI 3.0, the districts have been classified to reflect 313 low risk; 152 as medium risk; and 250 as high risk districts.
–Every year UIP caters to the vaccination needs of 2.65 crore children and 2.9 crore pregnant women.
–COVID Appropriate Behaviour (CAB) will be ensured during the immunization activities.
About Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI)
To Intensify the Immunization programme, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi launched the Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) on October 8, 2017. Through this programme, Government of India aims to reach each and every child up to two years of age and all those pregnant women who have been left uncovered under the routine immunisation programme.
About Mission Indradhanush:
Launche in 2014, Mission Indradhanush aims to provide affordable and accessible healthcare to all citizens of the country.
- The scheme targets children aged under 2 years and pregnant women for immunization.
- The 12 VPD under this mission are Whooping cough, diphtheria, polio, tetanus, meningitis, tuberculosis, hepatitis B, pneumonia, Haemophilus influenzae type B infections, rotavirus vaccine, Japanese encephalitis (JE), measles-rubella (MR) and pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV).
- Since its first phase, Mission Indradhanush has covered 690 districts and vaccinated 37.64 million children and 9.46 million pregnant women.
Note – Ministry of Health and Family Welfare is responsible ministry for Mission Indradhanush & Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) Programme.
Recent Related News:
Dr. Harsh Vardhan released a Book titled “Metrology for Inclusive Growth of India”, edited by Dr. D.K. Aswaland contributed by CSIR-NPL’s Scientists. This book signifies the role of metrology for inclusive growth in India and describes various metrological applications.
- On January 14, 2021, Dr. Harsh Vardhan inaugurated a new institute of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) i.e. CSIR-National Institute of Science Communication and Policy Research (CSIR-NIScPR), in New Delhi.
About Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoH&FW):
Union Minister Harsh Vardhan Constituency– Chandni Chowk, New Delhi
Headquarter– New Delhi