- Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Science and Technology and the minister for the Ministry of Earth Science (MOES), inaugurated the 12th International Symposium on Antarctic Earth Sciences (ISAES) on 13th July 2015 at Goa where scientific sessions have been scheduled for five days from 13-17th July 2015.
- It has been organised by National Centre for Antarctic and Ocean Research (NCAOR), Ministry of Earth Sciences, and Government of India.
- Nearly 40 countries of around 400 scientists will be participating in ISAES symposium at Goa.
- Prof. Jeronimo Lopez-Martinez, President, Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR), is the guest of honour.
The themes for the symposium are
- Antarctica and Supercontinent Evolution
- Antarctic Surface Processes, Landscapes, and Links with Cryosphere and Climate
- Antarctic Solid Earth Structure and Interactions with the Cryosphere: Antarctica, the Southern Ocean, and Evolution of Climate and the Global Cryosphere, amongst others.