The digital platform ‘Kisan Sarathi’ was jointly launched by Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar and Union Minister for Electronics & Information Technology, Ashwini Vaishnaw to help farmers get ‘right information at the right time’ in their desired language.
- The portal was launched virtually on the occasion of 93rd Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) Foundation Day i.e 16th July, 2021.
- The initiative will help in addressing the location specific information needs of the farmers as well as Agricultural Extension, Education and Research activities of ICAR.
- The portal is powered by Interactive Information Dissemination System (IIDS), Digital India Corporation (DIC), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
i.Using the platform, farmers can interact and make use of personalised advisories on agriculture and allied areas directly from the respective scientists of Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVKs).
- Union Minister Vaishnaw emphasized the ICAR Scientists to undertake research on new technological interventions in the area of transportation of farmer’s crop from their gate to warehouses, markets and places where they want to sell with minimum damage.
- The Railways Ministry is devising a plan to minimise the time taken for transportation of crops.
Recent Related News:
May 31, 2021, The Common Services Centres (CSC) E-Governance India Ltd has unveiled a unique Agri Services Portal that will act as a one-stop destination and marketplace for small farmers.
About Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
Union Minister – Narendra Singh Tomar (Morena, Madhya Pradesh)
Minister of State – Sushri Shobha Karandlaje (Udupi Chikmagalur, Karnataka), Kailash Choudhary (Barmer, Rajasthan)
About Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY)
Union Minister – Ashwini Vaishnaw (Rajya Sabha – Odisha)
Minister of State – Rajeev Chandrasekhar (Rajya Sabha – Karnataka)