Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on 27th March 2015 launched the country’s first “e-ration card” facility in the national capital.
Points To Remember:
- The event was held at the Delhi Secretariat.
- The beneficiary can visit the department’s portal and enter the ration card number and other basic information.
- After that a password will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- After entry of this password, the e-ration card will be generated which can be stored in the electronic form and used to get ration
- It can also be printed by the beneficiary from anywhere.
- Kejriwal also distributed e-ration cards to five consumers of Public Distribution System
- e-ration card will bring immense convenience to the people of Delhi as it will cut down the delays in preparation and delivery of ration cards to the beneficiaries.