The Delhi Government cleared the long-pending proposal for revising the compensation amount under the Victims Compensation Scheme. The scheme will cover various categories of victims.
- Delhi Chief Minister – Arvind Kejriwal
- Delhi Commission for Women (DCW) chairperson – Swati Maliwal
– The scheme includes victims of gang-rape, unnatural sexual offences and burns.
– Compensation in cases of death will range from Rs 5 lakh to Rs 10 lakh from earlier 3-5 lakh
– For rape victims compensation will be Rs.5 lakh from existing Rs.3 lakh
– To the victims of acid attack compensation will range from Rs.7 lakh from Rs.3 lakh.
– The scheme also proposes same amount of compensation for those with loss of any limb resulting in 80 per cent permanent disability.
The proposal is now being sent to the Union ministry of home affairs for approval.